Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cadillacman

pictures in topics

4 posts in this topic

I think that might be a forum by forum permissions thing. Is it that you can see them in one particular forum, but not another?

I think it may have been set up that way to save some bandwidth back in the day, but we don't have a cap anymore, so it's not as important. We have a BoD meeting in about an hour, so I'll bring it up, but I don't think it will be an issue. Expect to see that working as you would expect by the end of the night.

It was agreed to allow non-logged-in members to see pictures, but I'm much too tired to diddle around with that tonight! It'll happen sometime tomorrow.

I think pictures should now be visible to guests in all forums now. It looked to me like image viewing was only disabled for guests in the repair and maintenance and modifications forums. My original thought was that this was done to save bandwidth, but it may have also been done in order to attempt to get people to sign up and stay when they visit the site. Oh well, if that was the case, that would explain the huge number of lurker accounts that we've got.