Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rossferguson

Different diesel brands = vastly different mileage?

30 posts in this topic

You guys deserve to pay more driving those dirty, polluting, little cars!:D

But seriously though, I was told that the reason diesel prices are higher

in the winter is that the home heating oil competes with it as far as production goes...

Well it looks like the thermostat playes a part in this.  Changed the thermostat and milage improved for both but not the same amount. Ultramar averages an increase of 7 km per tank but Esso is up almost 28 km per tank.

Sure am glad I swapped out the thermostat because it looks like operating temp and fuel brand are both factors.

When the mandate for marine vessels to use ultra low sulfur diesel begins, automotive diesel prices are going to rise again, unless production increases.

I think diesel is more expensive than premium gasoline right now in this area.

Diesel prices up here just went down 10 cents for some reason? I won't complain....although I haven't been anywhere in a few days to use any.....was requested I paint the living room walls, which turned into cieling, walls in most of the upstarirs of the house!  Now recovering from pain meds....augh! You can do many things that result in stretched and bruised muscles when not feeling any pain.  That on top of the underlying condition......it hurts just to breathe at the moment...lol   But the house looks much better....what do they say....happy wife...happy life...???..........lol

The minimum requirement for renewables in diesel fuel sold in BC is 4% per year, but at times, the average through the entire year has been higher than 6%!

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/electricity-alternative-energy/transportation/renewable-low-carbon-fuels/rlcf-007-2016.pdf

Keep in mind that there are a myriad of ways for the overall annual number to be met, and that you could in fact be running on no renewable content at certain times as well.