Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David_18

Look For : Front Susp PULL STOP - Found it

11 posts in this topic

I am looking for this part, rubber/metal thing that go on the top of the front suspension.

If someone have 2 of these for sale, send me a message.

Thanks !

front11.jpg

Edited by David_18

probably cheaper at vw dealer

looks identical to limit cap on 2004 vw jetta...i think they also share same strut bearing (sachs)

inexpensive at Mercedes dealer.

jmo but I dont look for alternate parts for suspension, brakes etc. which can affect vehicle safety.

I find it, fews months ago...

When I change a shock absorbers, the garage heat the nut and that melt the rubber on it.

Edited by David_18

Mercedes in Aberdeen did same to mine in 2007. They are vandals. I managed to get compensation out of them.

Cut some rubber out of old boots or inner tubes and place under your top stop collar.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need a part that never wears out?

i also melted mine ...heating up stuck top nut and the original cap appeared to melt away like a soda can....new replacement one seemed to be steel instead of aluminum or white metal

inexpensive at Mercedes dealer.

jmo but I dont look for alternate parts for suspension, brakes etc. which can affect vehicle safety.

its not alternate if its the same part ...look it up and im pretty sure youll agree they are one in the same ...parts are made by sachs not vw or mb...close to $30 at local mb dealer here...vw part was 1/3 the price online (but i will admit i was in a hurry and just went to mb for mine)

long ebay link

Cut some rubber out of old boots or inner tubes and place under your top stop collar.

i did that to my mine...didnt like the gap between body and stop cap so i cut some rubber gaskets to take up the slack and couldnt see any reason at all for it to effect safety or alignment

Edited by LooseLugNuts