Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LucyParis

Error Light Identification & Car Crank but Cannot Start

29 posts in this topic

I agree, if they've spend 5 hours working on the car and not fixed the problem, I'd be talking to the manager. I'm sorry you had to resort to bringing it to the dealer. A $750 bill is not unusual at all when going to Mercedes.

On another note, Chris, at the very beginning, when the car stopped working, we were looking around here for solutions, and we found your post about your car. We actually spent lots of time reading your post and following how your car's been. Was it fixed eventually?

Hey Lucy,

Yeah...that thread is huge. The good news is that the issue hasn't recurred since I was at troy's shop. We've had PLENTY of days that matched the temperature/humidity of the days that I expect it to happen. It's not smoking anymore and it just seems to be running like a champ again. Still have my fingers crossed since it is intermittent, but I'm certain it would have happened by now.

So, it was either the injector flush, the new injector rings and/or the new crank sensor that seems to have done it.

Any news on your car? Did you get hooked up with Glenn?

Hey Lucy,

Yeah...that thread is huge. The good news is that the issue hasn't recurred since I was at troy's shop. We've had PLENTY of days that matched the temperature/humidity of the days that I expect it to happen. It's not smoking anymore and it just seems to be running like a champ again. Still have my fingers crossed since it is intermittent, but I'm certain it would have happened by now.

So, it was either the injector flush, the new injector rings and/or the new crank sensor that seems to have done it.

Any news on your car? Did you get hooked up with Glenn?

After some "negotiating" MB did further investigating at no charge and found out it may have been related to the SAM unit.

It seems they have an employee that was on vacation who is good at diagnostics for Smarts...and they had not come back until yesterday.

Originally MB did the glow plugs and the relay to the fuel pump, but then it would not run at more than 40kph and the electric windows stopped working.

Turns out after they disconnected and then re-connected the SAM unit while investigating the issue it ran normal again and the windows worked.

They gave us a small discount on the previous bill and were fairly good about the whole situation.

Got the car back today!

Now its time to have the Blizzaks Installed,

Hopefully there will not be any more issues this winter :prayer:

1 person likes this

I only deal with MB downtown.. on Dundas at the DVP. Their parts guys are way more interested in helping. I have not actually dealt with the service dept as I work on the car myself, but I would assume the capabilities of the staff are the same all round.

Good stuff on getting the car running again... I also use Blizzaks!