Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaragona22

Side Marker Lights Anyone?

15 posts in this topic

Hello All!

Hope everyone has their smart ready for the winter months! Just put the snows on mine!

Does anyone have any Side Marker Lights available for a 2005 Model? I realized that I have a poor connection on the drivers side and unfortunately it's not working properly!!!

Perhaps i should consider an upgrade? Any advice on where I could find the part??

Thanks All!

post-14412-0-85978100-1415758339_thumb.jpg

post-14412-0-16243800-1415758406_thumb.jpg

I Belive there just transport truck clearence lights :) Fou can get cheap led ones too and a clear lense.

I believe they are 2" not 2.5" round clearance/marker lights. I may have the original set off my old cdi. They were only on the car for a few weeks, if I recall, and have sat in a box ever since. They're yours for the cost of postage, if you like, or you can come pick them up in Oakville.

wow - you guys rock!

Thank you for the options and suggestions! Looks like a solution is in sightJ

Ok here is a bit tougher one...

Unfortunately I have snapped off one of the screws that hold the oil pan in place. I had the pan replaced and have recently sprung a slow leak from the area missing the bolt. (you know the real skinny ones that look like they will break!) The bolt is stuck about halfway down the hole and CAN NOT be gripped by vice grips or such.

Any ideas on how to remove a broken screw from the engine block?

Also, since it looks like I will be removing the pan, anyone know where I can get one that has a drain plug built in?

Not sure why, but this car sure loves attention and I put up with it!

:poop:

The links provided above by Darren have some pretty nice choices.

If you want to stay original, like Darren, I have the originals from both of mine. Cost of postage or drop in and pick them up and they are yours.

Ron

The marker/clearance lights are 2 1/2".

I've had good success with left handed drill bits to remove broken bolts that are broken off below the surface... the pan bolts are pretty small though. I would carefully try to drill it out. Worse case you'll have to tap the hole for the next size up.

When it's time to change my oil pan I plan on installing studs with some copper anti-seize. I may even use copper nuts to hold the pan on.

Never use the aluminum (silver) anti-seize on bolts that gets screwed into aluminum. By design the oil that the small aluminum particles are suspended in goes away pretty quick... you are now left with aluminum on steel. Add a, little water and you get galvanic corrosion. Add road salt.... and you get it worse.

front original equipment orange sidemarker assembly light from smart part no. 0019328V001C15A00, cost $11.55 each plus tax