FlossyTheSmart

End of Nov, Start of Dec, Ottawa Meet?

Ottawa Meet   7 members have voted

1. 1. What day works for you?

• Saturday, November 29th (2014)
    • Saturday, December 6th (2014)
  2. 2. What should we do?

• Dinner
    • Something else (Suggest something in your comment!)
    • Lunch

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Our last meet up was mid-September, and at the time, many of us said we should do it again. Let's give it a shot then!

Last time we met up on a Saturday, which seemed to end up with a good turn out (8 cars!), so I'd say let's try that again. I've proposed two dates in the poll above, November 29th and December 6th. Before we start a sign-up, we can see which day works best. I've allowed multiple choice, so if only one day works for you, vote for that. If both work, select both and vote that way. We can look at the results in a week or something and go with the day that works for the most people.

Last time we just did dinner. Poll options cover whether we want to do dinner again, something else, or both. If dinner, suggestions would be welcome!

I'm only interested if we can meet at Tim Hortons like the motorcycle owners do and then race down Merivale at 4am. Exhausts not allowed. Anyone else interested? Haha.

meet up early on Saturday say about12 noon for lunch then go for a quick cruise and hit timmies

Edited by spider

Hey that sounds good also. Max, could lunch be an option instead of dinner? That would mean daytime driving heading for Tims!

Yeah we could do lunch instead. It would probably be a bit better for standing around too, as it'll be a bit warmer during the day. Gets dark so early now too :(

I can only make it later if a weekend, dinner or after dinner. Dec 6 works best for me. My smart is in hibernation already thought, spotted some salt spread on the roads in places.

Wait, Max when do you get a second smart???

So far it's looking like November 29th, and lunch is almost equal with dinner for votes. Of course, there are some people who commented but didn't vote in the poll.

Can only make Nov 29th and voted for lunch as day light would be best but would be able to do dinner if vote goes that way.

Oops totally forgot to post earlier. I think we're good to go for Nov 29, lunch kinda time. Noon meet, short drive, then go to Tims? Anyone have any ideas for a little drive? I'll have a look and see where we could go.

Based on that idea, here's the start of my proposal.

Meet in the parking lot for the Lincoln Fields Walmart, on the Carling side of the parking lot at noon. Address is 2525 Carling Avenue.

We exit the parking lot heading north-east, and get onto the Sir John A Macdonald Parkway, and follow that along the river all the way downtown, past the War Museum, Parliament, War Memorial, etc.

Lunch could be a Tim Hortons stop as previously suggested, or we could go to a restaurant in the Byward Market, Eg. Chez Lucien (Or any other suggestions for lunch are welcome).

Yeah, it would be nice to get some numbers. I've never been to Chez Lucien before, but heard good things. I'd like to try and get a reservation in if possible, so if we can get a head count, that would be nice!

1)FlossyTheSmart

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

etc. etc....

Gotcha.

1)FlossyTheSmart

2)George +1

3)Turbomar

4)

5)

Now, I've never actually been to Chez Lucien, only heard good things about it. It's worth pointing out that being in the ByWard market, parking is not free. There's a parking garage right across the street that is 50 cents per 12 minutes, an open air lot around the corner that is $5 for 2 hours, and there is pay and display on street parking for $3 an hour. Parking garage is probably the most cost-effective,convenient, and likely to have space, but we can make that decision before we set out on the drive.

I'll make a reservation tonight. I'll send a PM to Th3Guardian and pitou who both expressed interest but haven't responded with yes/no/how many.

Th3Guardian and pitou are both no-go's, so it looks like our final list is:

1) FlossyTheSmart

2) George +1

3) Turbomar

4) rewilliams