darren

Anyone having difficulty logging on to Vehicle Homepage?

97 posts in this topic

Last sync I had was 4 days ago. The flakiness of this service has been disappointing to say the least. Still thinking about getting the Chargepoint Home L2 EVSE. At least I`d be able track and control charging when the car is at home.

I can log in but I can't sync anymore because my trial period has expired. It never worked good enough for me to actually want to pay for it.

Pay? It's a paid service? I thought it was just a part of the ownership experience. And it works so intermittently that I can't even imagine paying for it.

Edited by darren

I just logged in and it showed my car sync'd 5 days ago, so maybe it's still good for another year.

I don't know what the price is, but because it requires a cell signal, I can't imagine that its cheaper than $10/mo. It's not worth any amount of money to me unless they drastically improve it.

I don't even bother with it anymore because it sucks so bad.

Same problem - not synced now for 5 days.

This App reflects badly on the company and I am surprised they allow this to happen.

Wow… they must have assigned an engineer to take a look at the back end and fix some stuff, (or just reboot the server) because it's been working better than it has in two years for the last couple of weeks! (Fingers crossed!)

No sync issues, login works correctly every time. The only issue I was having is the charge profile seemed to be showing the time in GMT, but that seems to have been corrected today as well. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been using this "app", which is really just a webpage (https://app.secure.smart.com/app/), for nearly 3 years now very successfully. I've even been getting email alerts when my car is fully charged. See this pic of the last one I got on April 22:

Command Online Email.JPG

But now the app is not working any more and this is the message I get when I try to visit the page and login:

App Screenshot.jpg

Does anyone know what is going on with it? I haven't gotten any notice of cancelling this service from Mercedes. Shouldn't they inform the users before doing something this?

Edited by DrZaius

Ours is working at the moment, and I noticed that they did a software update sometime in the last month.   Perhaps you just need to do a cache flush?

Other than the climate preconditioning, which has always been erratic, I mostly use the reporting from the fleetcarma dongle.

When we got the car they said, iir, 4 years and then you'd have to pay.     Of course with the 2G retirement by the carriers it's likely to be out of service soon regardless of what MB does.

It would be nice if they published the specs on the monitoring unit.   Then we might reverse engineer it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know they are transitioning to a new system for the 453 ED models, but it's not operational yet. I'm not sure what that means for the old VH web app, which was cranky and unreliable at the best of times. 

However, "sundowning" is a term used to indicate that the product is no longer supported, and will be shut down soon.

Edited by darren