SmarteeBluey

You Know It's Hot In Australia When!

7 posts in this topic

You Know It's Hot In Australia When!

1) The best parking spot is determined by shade not distance

2) Hot water comes out of both taps

3) You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron

4) The temperature drops below 32c and you feel chilly

5) You discover that in January and February it only takes two fingers to steer a car

6) You discover you can get sunburnt through your windscreen

7) You develop a fear of metal door handles

8) You break a sweat the instance you step outside at 7am

9) Your biggest bicycle accident fear is "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the road and getting cooked"

10) You realize asphalt has a liquid state

11) Farmers are feeding there chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard boiled eggs

12) The trees are whistling for dogs

13) While walking back barefoot to your car from any event, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park

14) You catch a cold from having the aircon on full blast all night long

15) You learn that Westfield Shopping Centre's aren't just Shopping Centre's, they are temples to worship Air-Conditioning

16) Sticking your head in the freezer and taking deep breaths is considered normal

17) A cup full of ice is considered a great snack

18) A black out is life threatening because your aircon and your fans no longer work.

19) No one cares if you walk around with no shoes on

20) You keep anything in the fridge, including potatoes, bread and clothing

21) People have enough left over beer cans to make a boat and compete in a regatta. (S.A joke)

22) The effort of toweling yourself off after a shower means you need another shower right away.

23) You will wait patiently until the day it starts raining to go on a run.

24) You worry your ceiling fan is spinning so fast it will fly off and Kill You

25) You Laugh because this list is so accurate

2 people like this

I was in Sydney during Black Saturday. It was 35° in CBD, over 40° in the western suburbs. Surfing was no fun due to the strange offshore winds brought on by the heat wave.

Since then I've only been back in autumn and winter, and the weather is always pleasant in SE Queensland, and chilly but not cold in Sydney. It was downright freezing in Melbourne when I was there in July 2011, with my thin summer blood! We will be in Sydney and Brisbane in early April, can't wait!

We actually got married right on the beach there years back.

Super amazing trip.

We walked down a path in NSW and I have never felt that sort of heat before. It actually felt dangerous. If you passed out on that path you would be in very bad shape or dead.

That is if the snakes and spiders don't get you first............oh yea and the sharks.

The alcohol in your Bundaberg boils off before you get a chance to chuck in the ice.

An average of the conditions described, and the conditions we have had for the last month in southern Ontario, would probably work out about right.