Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ross Dunn

speaker upgrade

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone:

I am trying to do the speaker upgrade as my Pure only came with the crappy 4" speakers not in enclosures. I ordered the upgrade kit which only includes the tweeters. I got the info on how to turn on the tweeter circuits from this site, thankyou very much. My problem is that the connector on the end of the tweeter wires is completely different from the connector on the back of the Radio. Why is that and how do I hook them up? Of course MB were no help. Also the speaker boxes for the upgraded 4" speakers are expensive. Any suggestions there? Is anyone putting in a supper sound system and wants to sell there old speakers.

HIGHBOOST in Edmonton is wrecking a car right now IIRC and it may have the bass bins. Send him a private message.

Yeah definately talk to Derek (HIGHBOOST)...

He has put in a nice sounding system in his smart a few times over... And is also a master of taking apart his car and reassembling it with no bits leftover...

Also Justin (Illusive_42) and Andres (bsmart) have put in some nice sounding systems that include rear speakers...

And for dash adapters you might need to put in another head unit... Give a shout to Steve (s_mack) cause his store http://smartieparts.com carries a lotta that stuff you might need...

Eddie