stjimmy

CDI Remap File

64 posts in this topic

BRABUSize the whole car! LOL

Yah I wish. Saving my pennies for other things. :)

Hey one other question. Does Mercedes get uppity over these remaps in regards to service. I take my car to kelowna for service. They have been good to me with no complaints but wondering if this impedes things in any way.

John

If you do not tell M-B about it being remapped they will be none the wiser.

Thanks Huronlad. I was just concerned that it would impede their diagnostics if there was a problem or that they could somehow dump the programming.

If they update the ECU programming you would lose the remap.

Is that somehting they do without telling the customer as far as an A or B maintenance is done?

I believe it has happened in the past. One good reason to invest the few dollars in a KWP2000 plus and save a copy of the new ECU tune.

Everything Huronlad said.

Even funnier, though I do almost all my own work on the car, I usually end up at MB once in a while -- last year it was for a wheel alignment, the year before for a new exhaust under the emissions warranty -- and I always get feedback from the techs that mine is "the best smart" they've ever driven. :)

If you must take your car to an MB dealership, to be on the safe side tell them you do not want them to update the ECU. I have rarely gone to MB because I am fortunate enough to be close to 'Uncle Glenn' for most service. However, when I do visit MB, I always make sure to specify that I do not want the ECU updated. I stand there and make sure that my wishes are written into the work sheet.

I have heard the same thing when getting my car back...."it goes well".

On 19/09/2016 at 0:36 PM, GRP151 said:

Not sure I'm following the dialogue here but earlier in this post you mention on

Thanks for posting those. I'll try 365278 when I get the engine back in my Cabrio.

Do you see more than normal smoke with your map? Is there any noticeable increase in power and grunt?

and then you mention you run your Smart on the original map? yet your trying out other remapped files????

I have not tried any of these maps yet as I was hoping some daring person would try them first and confirm his Smart did not get bricked.

4 hours ago, davidpaulin said:

i'm a bit curious ... what kind of software/hardware are you using to switch maps like this in the 450 ?

Tool and software is available cheaply on ebay.  Search KWP2000.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to connect my KWP 2000 Plus to 2006 450 CDI ECU. I used laptop with Win 10 and Win 7. In both cases I got the message "Kick not found". Which Win is compatible with KWP?