Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CKpt

Ambient Lighting option

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone of you have this option fitted?

I've just found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Mercedes-LED-Footwell-Luggage-Door-Courtesy-Light-A-C-E-CL-S-Class-GLK-Fortwo-/361212115444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5419eb79f4

$_12.JPG
The ad states they are smart friendly, and in my smart (2012) the wiring to connect these is there, presumably for the "Ambient lighting" option.
I tried to plug an original MB lighting fixture (just as the ones in the ad, bar the leds - which can be found in any recent MB) but, I had no response at all...
Does this option need to be activated?

If you look at the list in the ad the smart car is not on it., if you go with these you will need connectors for the sockets, Try looking this up, Cold Cathode lighting for computers, easy to install and cheap. That is what I have done on mine I went with green not so hard on the eyes at night.

Edited by Wild!

The smart is there:

"- 2008+ Smart Fortwo W451" and the wiring is present in the car, but there seems to be no power coming from them.

Sorry I didn't see it in the listing, Have you tried the plug with the car Ign.on and then also try with the lights on, and one more try your center courtesy light and check for power each time.

If this doesn't work look at where your fuses are, see if one is missing.

Yep, tried all of those options and all the fuses seem to be fine. Perhaps the have to be activated via STAR?

So, I've been snooping around and found this:

The light fixtures in question are the 405 - 410 and the bulb 420 (W5W) and the part number is common to several Mercs. Can anyone with STAR/WIS tell me if this is an option that has to be activated? I have the bulbs, the wiring is there, it should work.

744d06582d02ffc28e7055f967670032.png

Part 245 looks like a fuse "plug" attachment to the SAM, with 250 being the fuse. Have you verified the fuse is there? They probably would not put a fuse without the lights installed.

(I installed the Brabus rear ambient lighting in ours and had to install one of these "harnesses" with attachment to the SAM. No programming was necessary.)

I believe the bottom layout is only for the Brabus ambient lighting, but I'll double check the fuse.