Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TekNinja81

Auto Show, and Smart gear in the GTA?

6 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Went to the Auto Show this past weekend, and was a bit disappointed to see how small of a presence Smart had there. I honestly expected they would have been a bit more prominent. The GF picked up one of the free plants they were giving away which was neat, but I was actually hoping to see/buy some Smart gear -- car accessories, shirt/jacket, cap, etc -- which was not the case.

So I'm wondering, where in the GTA might I be able to find such stuff? I'll be honest, I've not yet stepped foot into any MB/Smart dealership; I'm aware of there being a Smart dealership somewhere down the Bayview Extension area. Do you guys recommend them/anyone else in the GTA for car servicing and/or random Smart gear like that above?

If you look at the numbers of smarts sold you'll kinda see why there's not much of a presence at shows. Dealerships have the gear also Flying Tiger has his store-front you can buy from here

If you look at the numbers of smarts sold you'll kinda see why there's not much of a presence at shows. Dealerships have the gear also Flying Tiger has his store-front you can buy from here

this is kinda point on.... I have a display case with a few items here at my dealership (hat, sunglasses, waterbottle, keychain). The cabinet gets opened probably once every 3 months... maybe longer. It would be wonderful to have a huge selection of accessories and clothing items but there simply isn't the demand to support the cost in stocking these items, in my dealership at least, and it's more of a "order it into the parts department" type of thing.

Even at last years auto show, I think a model of an ED Cabrio was the only smart related item. Maybe write smart an email and they'll see a demand to produce more items.

With constrained supply on current models and new product almost a year away, there's not much point in doing a bit marketing push right now, which is what the Auto Show is. I imagine next year there will be a much greater presence as they'll have the new model to flog.

With constrained supply on current models and new product almost a year away, there's not much point in doing a bit marketing push right now, which is what the Auto Show is. I imagine next year there will be a much greater presence as they'll have the new model to flog.

Makes sense, yeah. Truth be told, I was kind of hoping they'd have even a concept-version of the new model there. From photos I've seen, it's quite different and I'd be curious to see it in person.