Shogun

Universal diagnostic tool for Smart

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

i just received mine today and im hoping someone can answer my probably rediculously simple question

the little netbook i want to run ii on does not have a cd drive ...and im assuming install intructions are on the cd...what is best way to transfer everything into a usb stick? (if i can do that)

Edited by LooseLugNuts

You could either get a USB disc drive, or find a computer with a drive, then copy the files to your USB stick on that machine.

ok thanks..i have another laptop i just didnt think i could just copy them onto a drive stick but if its that simple ill try it

i ended up just using my laptop

i love the ISS feature scan all system in one ..pretty neat little tool for such a low cost

finally got my airbag light out (powered up car with seats out before i knew it would be a problem)

Posted (edited) · Report post

yes..im sure i saw something there about esp...and there was some stored abs codes that i remember clearing (previous owner had cut the rear wires instead of reaching an extra 3 inches to unplug them) :scratch:

also if you didnt figure out desktop icon thing yet do this

make a shortcut on desktop for MAIN application file ...one for the cars and one for the trucks...then when thats done right click on and go into properties to change icon ...i used the nice red .ico picture from the program list..(the one similar to my avatar but has an engine picture) ....then i renamed one DELPHI-CARS and the other DELPHI-TRUCKS

thats makes for a nice icon to double click for using program right from desktop

edit:also i opened my dongle up and there was one board loaded with heavy NEC ceramic looking chips so i guess i got a good one as mentioned earlier

post-14928-0-59231200-1432758349_thumb.png

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Sounds like it works pretty good. I have a SRS code I want to clear on my Benz.

I test it, but i can't read the ESP or programing anything....

Unless you want to check the cluster display or activate wiper light and other stuff, you can not do anything...

At least almost all the function work on my CLA... :)

Yes,there is not much this tool can do on a Smart 450 Cdi so a real disappointment. Perhaps I can now check whether AliExpress' buyer protection is worth its salt?

So I was considering buying this - sounds like it may no longer be the best option. What options other than the Star knock-offs are out there?

Also, what tool is used for the re-maps - now that I have one, I have an overwhelming urge to monkey with it.... :D

Two different things. If you want to read your map and compare it to the stock map to see what bytes were altered, you'll need a tool that reads the eeprom to a file and unlocks it. In order to monkey with parameters, you'll need software like WinOLS. It takes much study to begin to understand all the variables and how they affect each other, and that is why there are, in reality, very few true remappers around.

For diagnostics and such, nothing works like a real Xentry/Star system, unfortunately. The good news is they aren't that expensive if you intend to work on your own smarts or Benzes for a long time. When I got mine in 2010 I think I paid around $800 for one of the better-made clones (yes, there are differences that are explained in other forums, and yes, the inferior ones can brick your car). In just over four years I've saved several times that by doing things myself instead of letting the dealership have their way with me.

tried to use mine tonight and it wants to connect to internet to validate install

is this because of windows 10?

anyone else having problems?

again?..

ok ill try that but i think the screens are different this time around from the first time i installed it

if it doesnt work ill try to grab some screenshots

no ..it doesnt seem to access any brake data

except as far as i can tell for brakes it just pulls and erases trouble codes for abs and esp (or tells you if no codes are present)

and some useless feature for checking brake switch on/off in live data

Edited by LooseLugNuts

I would like to get one of these, but I don't have any Windows computers. Is there anything good out there the uses Mac, Linux, or tablets? A friend of mine has a shop that has a spectacular one that uses the iPad wirelessly, but he paid over 10K for it!

Ok, I am confused! I have an 05 Passion diesel...is this unit any good for that car? I have a laptop with dvd/cd and Windows XP. If actually any use, could someone send me order info?