Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Worker Not

Diagnostic Codes

6 posts in this topic

Here is a VERY SHORT summary of what has happened. 2005 Passion coupe diesel - original owner

I have two diagnostic codes showing up. P1925 P2402. I have a warning light on the dash that has been on for a few months. It is a triangle with and exclamation mark inside. The manual says this light is the ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM or ESP for short.

I have tried to find the information of what these two codes are telling me. Evilution, FQ101 and numerous sites in North America have no data available. I could sure use some help with this problem.

Was told it was safe to drive the car until I could get around to fixing the problem.

Thanks in advance ( Flossy The Smart - I was the white smart parked next to you at the Denver rally last summer)

Worker Not

RON

P2402

Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit High

There is a Mercedes P1925 code:

P1925: Drive authorization has been refused by control module

Check for a broken or cracked reluctor ring. That might be the cause of the P1925 and ESP light

If you want we can meet up and do a STAR scan. We can log the speed of each ABS sensor and confirm if its a cracked reluctor ring or find out the Mercedes code and look it up rather than relying on generic OBDII codes. pm me if you're interested.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Strongly suggest meeting up with someone that has a STAR machine. P2402 generically means EVAP problem like Marchanna says, although that looks like a quick google search because most of us know that Diesel cars/trucks don't have an EVAP system...

I recall many generic OBD2 Readers misread Mercedes codes and give false readings. P2402 translates to a shift motor problem from what I remember.

EDIT: Found this.

P2256 - External quantity control by ESP.
P2402.40h - Transmission blockage: Function Failure (thanks izzy)
P2414 - M18 (Coupling Motor) EOBD (thanks izzy)

Edited by Bessy