Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brd

Recommendation for GTA 451 a/c repair?

8 posts in this topic

I have a 2009 smart cabrio and the a/c system stopped working properly towards the end of last summer. Does anybody recommend a shop located in west end Toronto that could have a look at it? I suspect / hope it just has to be refilled with coolant.

Note that I have read through assorted threads on the topic of a/c not working both here on csc & smart car of america. I've decided its not worth the hassle trying to refill myself.

thanks in advance for any leads!

If an A/C needs to be refilled, there is a leak! My 2002 X-type still has its original fill, as does my 2000 Boxter, as does my 2005 smart with 188k k km. I recently sold a 2000 Outback in which the A/C still worked. It may as simple as a dry, shrunken O-ring or something more expensive, but it is a leak that has allowed the gas to escape. As for a repair shop, someone in your area should help.

A year ago a/c in my Smart Cdi was "fixed" by a mercedes dealer - close to $400. This spring it stoped working. I bought a refill kit (sealer and refrigerant) from Princess Auto, took me 10 min and it works like a charm.

The ac in my 2009 gas smart just started acting up last week

It works fine when I an moving and stops working well when the car is stopped for any length of time , Then it works fine again as I drive.

Is this low gas in system?

AC fan is toast or condenser is plugged. If it only works when moving thats due to air flowing through the condenser

If your stoped and the condenser is plugged or the ac fan isnt enguaging then you have no air movement through the condenser/rad causing warm air.

AC fan is toast or condenser is plugged. If it only works when moving thats due to air flowing through the condenser

Thank you Now I can look for the fan that you mentioned and hope that my system is not clogged.

Have a great day.

Thank you Dmoonen

You were right on the money. I took my car to my local dealer and they repaired it in 1 day. The current cost of that job here in this part of Florida is $731.89. MY BABY BENZ IS WELL AGAIN! Have a great day all.