Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart65

Diesels under "cloud" in EU/Scofflaw NA owners acting up

6 posts in this topic

Diesel cars: Is it time to switch to a cleaner fuel? - BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33254803

See this search I executed which reveals environmental scofflaws purposely polluting the air in order to vent their disapproval of government regulation of automotive environmental pollution ...

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=smokey+diesel+videos+on+youtube&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003

Somebody should see that they are charged!

That's one thing I never understood was the rolling coal thing. . I modify my diesel fleet but when I build them and tune them I want them fairly clean. Soot/particle matter is essentially unburnt fuel and in my opinion it's just poor modifying and tuning or someones just addicted to stupid and stupid is hard to cure. :wallbash:

It is easy enough to ignore these morons, just set the system to recirculate. However there should be enforcement of emissions law (and I say this as the owner of a remapped smart) everywhere.

They also need to ban lifted suspensions on vehicles that are to be driven on public roads. They essentially bypass bumper height regulations, putting everyone else on the road at risk should one of these redneck-mobiles get in a collision.

Coal rollers and huge suspension lifts seem to go hand in hand. I see absolutely NO reason why anyone needs to drive a lifted 4x4 on a daily basis. If you want a mud bogger, that's cool. But it should be a purpose-built vehicle for off-road use only.

</rant mode>

1 person likes this

I'm afraid that this sort of behaviour will eventually spell the demise of the use of diesels in cars and light trucks. The EPA will have to lower the boom on the problem, and the sooner, the better. Authorities in France have found that diesel emissions are choking the people of Paris, and have announced restrictions. Unfortunately, we have people in our midst who push back whenever they're confronted with what they consider a restriction of their freedom. As expressed in the article, rolling coal is their way of thumbing their nose at the EPA and anyone driving a socially responsible vehicle.