Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle09TC

Trans issues, battery or clutch actuator?

7 posts in this topic

Hey again....

Thursday I pulled out the intercooler and applied some JB weld as it was leaking oil. Job didn't take all that long thanks to some posts on here.

However, the next day my girlfriend went to drive it and the clutch was grabbing harshly and slipping/disengaging randomly. Yesterday I reset the battery, drove it and it didn't work well and at one point lost all gears, gear selection in dash went blank and I had to push it,

I then shut the car off, waited, locked and unlocked the car and it work well last night as if nothing ever happened.

Now this morning on her way to work it is doing it again. Any suggestions as to where to start? I've done a little searching but haven't found very much with the same symptoms.

Edited by Kyle09TC

130,000km, just bought it recently, unsure about salt exposure. Looking into that post now. Thanks

all of the wires look good and no rubbing through the harness anywhere. I have a bit more info after looking at it. While the engine is off with the key in ACC (one) the motor shifts into all gears well. Once engine is on the motor doesn't sound like its moving and the clutch grabs harsh..

At this point I'm leaning toward the battery because while we were working on the intercooler the interior lights must have been on which drained enough battery. Not entirely sure but its the best guess i have.

Hey again....

Thursday I pulled out the intercooler and applied some JB weld as it was leaking oil. Job didn't take all that long thanks to some posts on here.

However, the next day my girlfriend went to drive it and the clutch was grabbing harshly and slipping/disengaging randomly. Yesterday I reset the battery, drove it and it didn't work well and at one point lost all gears, gear selection in dash went blank and I had to push it,

I then shut the car off, waited, locked and unlocked the car and it work well last night as if nothing ever happened.

Now this morning on her way to work it is doing it again. Any suggestions as to where to start? I've done a little searching but haven't found very much with the same symptoms.

I had this problem twice. Once under warranty and once out of warrenty. It was intermitent an very frustrating to figure out as the problem would never seem to do it for the mechanic. The engine light was the only indicator that something had gone wrong. It was indeed the actuator. You discribe it very accuratly. Good luck with the repairs. Mine was a 2008.