Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman007

Stickman007's EGR Emulator Wiring

6 posts in this topic

To those who have bought one of my newer emulators, here's the wiring #s that correspond to the harness connector:

post-11642-0-70918900-1438526082_thumb.jpg

I will try to find the wiring colours which make it easier for some of you, but I'm currently travelling and don't have a smart car available for me to check.

Izzy

Furthermore, I will not be making anymore EGR emulators due to the lack of time. However, I have some left over parts if anybody is interested in making their own that I can give away if you pay for shipping.

Izzy

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi, I am interested in building the emulator and am wondering if you have the schematic and part list?

Thanks,

John

Edited by minifreak

I've divided up the left over parts for CANMAN and somebody else on the forum that I couldn't remember!

Once in awhile I see an unfinished one or a prototype in the garage while cleaning my tool box. If I come across another one, I sent it to you for free, just pm me your address if you're interested.

The initial cost for ordering parts to do about 20 of them was close to $40, but after that it got a lot cheaper as I knew exactly what I needed to build. The diagrams that you found are from smartdriver and flossythesmart I think, and the proposed modification for the 1000ohm resister didn't work (myself and a few other members have tried I believe). The one that I used has the 2W 100Ohm resistor, (I've gotten away with fireproof 1W 100Ohms without any problem though I'm no electrical engineer).

If there are any interest, I might start up making emulators again, though I'll have to invest in the parts again. It probably won't be till summer when I'm more free. Lately I've been toying with using winOLS and modifying the EGR map to delete the EGR function rather than using a physical emulator. My time is limited due to my crazy job, and my own smart isn't running at the moment, so if you're interested in learning and experimenting, I'll be happy to share what I've learned so far and you can continue to develop it.

Hi I know I am late to the party. But seeing I have retired, and moved to a small town, here in Canada Do to short runs now and cold weather I have the EGR problem. Managed to remove the whole unit, as the carbon was so bad I couldn't  get it out. The whole unit in GUnk for two day and I removed it easily. But now the Packing. or O ring is no good anyone know the part Number off said item ?

Thanks for you help. 

Edited by PaulK

Just bypass it and never again have this issue using one of his emulators, I have 2 and the one I'm presently using works flawlessly, the other is waiting for car to be restored.

Peace of mind is how i now look at it....just a thought..?