Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salient

$200 to replace a light bulb?!

9 posts in this topic

I have been told by the dealer that to replace the cracked side turn signal (secondary one on fender near door) it's 2 hours of labour and $200. This sounds insane to me. I have watched some videos and it seems like a 20 minute job at best. Any feedback or confirmation? Greatly appreciated.

Sounds right by dealer price. That way they're covered timewise incase they need to remove the panels.

to replace the cracked side turn signal (secondary one on fender near door) it's 2 hours of labour and $200.

Are you meaning the pod that holds the light? the red lens in the pod? or just the light bulb?

I'm betting the red lens.

Princess Auto sells an exact fit led assembly complete with the proper electrical plug. To install you will need to partially remove the panel. It is an easy job. Cost is around $15 or half that on sale. My lenses were cracked and allowing water in.

Princess Auto sells an exact fit led assembly complete with the proper electrical plug. To install you will need to partially remove the panel. It is an easy job. Cost is around $15 or half that on sale. My lenses were cracked and allowing water in.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if/where that part is listed on the website? I don't actually need one personally, but would be interested for future reference.

Note that this is in the 451 forum, rather than the 450 one. Unless it was accidentally posted in the wrong one, those lights won't fit.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if/where that part is listed on the website? I don't actually need one personally, but would be interested for future reference.

Here is the PA info:

2-1/2 in. LED Clearance/Marker Light

SKU: 8499832

Fits a model 450. Costs $8. Contains 13 LEDs. Amber colour.