Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Can't Upload Photos

6 posts in this topic

Can't upload photos.

Tried a shot of about 700kB file size.

Both up loaders show error - file size too big to upload.

I've confirmed file size thru e-mailing.

Is there an issue with Apple iPads ??

Sounds like you've done your due diligence in checking to see if it's an issue on your end. As far as I can tell you SHOULD be able to upload files of up to 2 MB, so at the very least your 700 kB one should have gone through. I haven't heard of any iPad compatibility issues, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Out of curiousity, could you see if you are able to attach the image in a private message to me?

Emails automatically resize pictures on iPad. The original pictures may actually be quite larger. A picture taken with the iPad camera will easily be 4MB.

Resizing images on the fly on the server side isn't really feasible for a small scale site like this. There would still need to be a size limit anyway, it would just need to be bigger.

Sounds like the root cause was ultimately that the image size was too big though? And that the small image size was actually due to the iPad resizing when sent in an email?

On my Mac I resize the images in Viewer. It's pretty quick and easy. Otherwise I just link them over from FB.