Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kdubya

Possibly lowest km diesel?

12 posts in this topic

Wow, seriously. I mean it's way too much money regardless of condition, but if I had the means I'd grab it, swap in my panel set and all of my mods, and happily drive it for another ten years.

Too low km for a ten year old car, it's probably in rough shape in ways a regularly driven one is not. 3 km a day average. Ugh. The price is a joke too.

1 person likes this

There is a 2002 Smart 450 in Banchory that has only done 20k. Senior owned since new. Its longest run is the annual trip to dealer in Aberdeen for servicing. Immaculate condition. for its age.

I dunno, Mike, how old was your C1 and how few kms had it seen before you picked it up in Toronto and subsequently drove at high speeds through blizzards some 3000 km to get home? Wasn't it also roughly the same average km per day? How's it running?

1 person likes this

It all depends on how it was maintained. If it still had oil changes once a year and was driven on a regular basis, it's probably fine. If it regularly sat for 6 months at a time, it might have some problems.

At any rate, with so few kms the only wear the engine will have is from startups.

Still, way overpriced.

Looks genuine to me, the front brake calipers are shiny clean, the rear window still clear, the seats and door panels are not stained. It should not be pressed into regular service but kept indoors and enjoyed on nice days like it was treated in the past. Salt exposure would kill it, beating it hard around the city but I imagine that would be one fine car for a long time yet. One look at the tires would confirm were the car was parked, they would be badly cracked if it sat outdoors (ten year old rubber).

One cannot assume it was only driven short distances, it might not been driving at all! Mine has 25000km, it goes a minimum 40km per drive (I am very rural) just not very often, it is perfectly reliable and fun.

The Canada 1 was a risk for sure. Absolutely. But it had full warranty for 6 months and 2 years of ELW after that, so it was Mercedes' risk, not mine.

It had 350 km on it. I think it had been mothballed for a couple of years before I got it. If I had to guess, it had been driven 10-20 times before I bought it.

This one has no warranty, is not a special model, costs close-ish to what I paid 6 years ago for the Canada 1. It has 30 times as many km on it and the fact that it's described as being owned by an elderly person makes me expect it was driven in many short increments over the past decade.

I'd be more interested in the rust-free tridion/chassis/suspension and all the near-new peripherals (turbo, exhaust, gearbox, clutch and actuator, fuel pumps, etc.). But for about nine grand less!