Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swedenborgian88

Fortwo 2006 cdi

26 posts in this topic

I know it won't repay for it'self but, the ScangageII will curb your right foot and driving style IF you watch it like a hawk to try and get the litres per hundered KMs driven number as low as you can get it. I found once you get into trying to let below 3.5 Lhk driven it becomes a need!  I just took my winter beater out without the scangage in it as I have wired it semi into the car trying to simply hide the wires. I found I drove it harder for sure and didn't care about the mileage numbers as much. I also tried the auto mode for a bit, that is rediculous, no wonder you guys aren't getting good mileages! Use tyhe stick shift and change manually. You'll get far better shifts and also far better mileages. I get 400kms as or before the second to last blob finally disappears....then I go hunt a gas station down....yes i know plenty of fuel in the tank, I just feel better when it';s near the top compared to the bottom.......I live in the country so to speak so fuel stations aren't on every corner. Like in the GTA...lol.  You can drive sensibly in the city and get good numbers also with the scan gage. .....Again it's a hit to buy at $169 plus shipping I think.....but it's your call.