tolsen

Malicious Site Warning

26 posts in this topic

I use the Opera web browser.

Keep getting above warning. Opera says this site is harmful and has been reported for distributing malicious software. Opera strongly discourages visiting this site.

Anyone else experiencing same warning?

What are all the web sites I find in my Safari's Webdata area after I open this site ??

...... googleusercontent.co, google-analytics.com, gstastic.com and 8 or 9 others.

I use Yahoo search engine, but I get the same results using Google.

Found this by erasing all history and web data from my iPad, then opening only this site.

What is all this stuff and why is it there ??

Are these 'cookies' ??

Could your Opera browser be detecting this stuff as suspicious ??

Google Analytics is a service that I use to see site usage statistics, behaviour, and stuff like that. Everything's fine on that front. The other Google things are probably from the ads, which are served up by Google as well. What you're looking at are probably cookies, yes. Those won't be the cause of the malicious site warning.

I'll look into the warning, but personally I'd put low faith in a report from Yandex. I'll report back when I know more.

2 people like this

I am still getting the warnings. Have also noticed when googling for info and ClubSmartCar appears on search list, clicking the ClubSmartCar link takes me to some other strange site.

OK, the "Clicking the Google link takes me to another site" was the clue that I needed! Found the malicious code that was doing that and removed it. Requested a recheck from Yandex, and we'll see how it turns out.

The malicious code is still there. Googling for something on Clubsmartcar still takes me to obscure sites. Get usually to Clubsmartcar on second attempt.

Still being hijacked when searching Clubsmartcar (IE and Bing). Any reason why nothing is being done about it.

Have the same issue when going from google links on my iPad. Usually get through on second attempt.

Nigel

Have you sent a message to MAx (FlossyTheSmart)?

I am also still getting weird malicious hijack attempts on occasion when accessing clubsmartcar.com - usually it's some tinyurl type of http address that is trying to take over........ If I close the browser and start from scratch, it's ok....... has been happening off and on for maybe the last year or so roughly..... was not sure what was causing the issue, still not sure.......

For example, and this is exactly what happens!!!!

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=R8l6V7SWB8be8AftqbqQCA&gws_rd=ssl#q=clubsmartcar+tinyurl

The above link is safe, it'll take you to some google Canada search results...

Once there however, note the following:

The top link (currently about removing a fender) will momentarily open up CsC, but then the hijack attempt will start, and a file download is prompting you to accept (don't, of course)

I don't normally go to CsC from links, and as for the most recent issue I had (July 3, 2016), I'm pretty sure I just went from a stored direct URL in my browsing history (last 5 sites visited)......

But there are definitely some issues with the tinyurl, bit.ly and other 'shortened' links that show up in google search results.....

1 person likes this

Firefox gave me following warning this morning:

Deceptive Site!

This web page at clubsmartcar.com has been reported as a deceptive site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Deceptive sites are designed to trick you into doing something dangerous, like installing software, or revealing your personal information, like passwords, phone numbers or credit cards.

Entering any information on this web page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

This is all very strange.  Since reports of "Malicious Site Warning(s)" have surfaced, the only problems I have experienced is the aftermath (following a repair)  No offence intended Max.  It's just this old fart trying to adapt to a new site with different or relocated controls. 

I have never received a malicious site warning for the CsC site since I joined in 2009.

Max upgraded the software yesterday after I had the same problem.  Should take a while for that message to clear but if you report it as safe to Google, it'll likely help.

As Mike said, the upgrade should have cut off any of the major security holes that were lingering, and should have cleared out the hijacking issues.  I've sent a request for the site to be rescanned, which means the warning should be gone within 72 hours.

I realize that with the upgrade some things need to be relearned, but this version isn't too wildly different from the old.  It's unfortunate that there had to be 2 major leaps in versions so soon, but this version took a lot longer to be released than they had originally said, and there were many issues when it was first launched.  This version brings a lot of benefits too, which may help us out somewhat (for one, it is much more usable on a phone now).

Follow-up: I got an email from Google saying that they've given us the all clear, so they won't be delivering any warnings.  Different browsers use different sources for determining whether or not they'll serve up a "malicious site" warning, but at least that's one source down.

11 hours ago, FlossyTheSmart said:

Follow-up: I got an email from Google saying that they've given us the all clear, so they won't be delivering any warnings.  Different browsers use different sources for determining whether or not they'll serve up a "malicious site" warning, but at least that's one source down.

Two days ago I reported you as safe to Google and explained the circumstances.

Forum is also now OK on Firefox but I still get the warning in Opera on my Android.

Apparently it's happened again to Prairieboy.  Just today....