Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuum

And then there was '1' again...

61 posts in this topic

Got the passion cab back to Abbotsford

Put in a donor battery and then cut off the belts and it started and the idle sounded pretty normal... assume a seized alternator at this point. So, this should turn out fairly well I hope.

This was all done while it was still on the trailer with the firepit bricks in the way, Steve in the picture did this at his shop with another friend Mike R helping out as well... we then took it back to the house

Will change the oil and start cleaning it up, but it'll be a few weeks before I can get into the mechanical stuff...

Have the OEM battery with a friend to see if it can charge and hold a load in the meantime

Original book has MB Broadway stamps in it til around 2012/13 at a bit over 80,000 kms

There's something under the passenger seat - I think it might be a cd changer! I have to look.

Front wheels are coming off tonight for cleaning, I can stand looking at them!

The 'offroad edition' is a joke decal that a previous owner's kid had put on... but funny, as they guy I bought it from (Brent) asked me when I showed up with cash in hand on Thursday if I was the guy who had modded a smart to take the same size wheels and tires front and back.... lol, I originally said, 'no, don't think that was me...'

But then when he mentioned later on about some guy lifting his smart and discussing it at bc4x4.com, it all came back!!! Haha - yeah, that WAS me!

On a 451 though - with a 2 inch lift and bigger (taller) tires on 4 rear wheels... the rears had 30mm spacers to maintain the staggered wheel base.... but I digress

Looking forward to driving this one by July

IMG_20180609_152105870.jpg

IMG_20180609_141522050.jpg

IMG_20180609_140220801.jpg

IMG_20180609_140200547.jpg

IMG_20180609_140138558.jpg

IMG_20180609_140054324.jpg

Saw a couple other very cool things today, from across the pacific ocean this time!!!

An old Datsun and this super cool Suzuki scooter

IMG_20180609_174536855.jpg

IMG_20180609_151424282.jpg

If Simply Green or Fantastic doesn't work on the front rims, you could try oven cleaner.....Be sure to wear gloves and don't let it sit too long on the rims, but that stuff is amazing as a cleaner.

Good enough for now, one done....

IMG_20180609_201541660.jpg

IMG_20180609_201532667.jpg

1 person likes this

mooch beater

If I can get some strikelines that'll be cool! But it'll have to be on the cheap.

That could be hard

They were somewhat uncommon.

I need to focus on the basics right now though - needs intercooler scoop, probably an intercooler, and who knows what else plus of course the alternator. Clean wheels will suffice for the time being!

The intercooler needs to come out either way, to trim the holder if it's not holed yet, or to replace it if it is.  I wish I had done the Canada 1 IC preventatively.

I'm guessing from the oil dripping down and out the cracked and missing intercooler scoop it's getting re and re'd at some point entirely!

Second front wheel clean, and waiting on the battery charge with the cells topped up (but likely toast I reckon), and tomorrow an alternator belt.... and fingers crossed on getting the alternator unseized.

Ran when parked! So chances are fairly good.

Already dreaming of ruby red panels on that black tridion, with a paint job on the mirrors and probably the grille

or silver panels could work I suppose, and then for sure a black grille to maintain the smile

got a Carfax cheap from redflagdeals

Confirms I am owner # 4 and no accidents

Owner 1 leased it for three years, then to a lady in Halfmoon Bay, then to the fellow and his wife I bought it from...