Checkyboy

2016 Cabrio Launch Date in Canada?

29 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I originally had a 2005 Cabrio, but I've been Smartless for 8 years. It looks like I can fix that problem, but my dealership has no idea when the 2016 Cabrio is being launched ... any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't think it's in full production quite yet, as it was only just launched at the Frankfurt show in September. Knowing the way they crawl over here, I expect it to be available for Canada some time late next year if not early 2017.

Hi!

We don't have the exact launch date. The latest updates we got from our dealership is the second quarter of 2016. So you are looking at April-June, just in time for summer!

Rosanna

Anyone heard anything new? My dealership can build them on their system but not order them or give prices ...

I am hoping to get some info Monday from a dealer. Manufacturing allotments are in the 3rd quarter for Canada and the US. The salesman I was talking to did not even know how many cabrio that dealership was going to be able to order.

Q3? Argh! All the news articles I've found (and talking to my dealer Rep) pointed to the assumption it was coming out Q2. Any word from your contact?

M-B London never got back to me. I am going to M-B Burlington tomorrow to test drive a manual equipped car. I will see if they have any useful information.

Brilliant marketing: arrange to bring the cabrio over to Canada just before the snow flies!

I'm dealing with M-B Burlington ... they can build cabrio on their system but have no prices or release date yet ...

The salesperson I was talking to in Burlington stated that from build date to delivery is about 2 months. So it would appear delivery should be no earlier than September. It looks like I will be waiting until 2017 to order a cabrio. I do have a copy of options and standard equipment for the cabrio, once I get it scanned I will post it.

1 person likes this

Keep in mind some of the items on the order list will not be available in the US and Canada, while the TPMS is standard in the US. From a Daimler press release today: "With the smart fortwo cabrio, which will be available in time for the summer in all markets, smart will also make a significant contribution to the positive development of unit sales." :)

Keep in mind some of the items on the order list will not be available in the US and Canada, while the TPMS is standard in the US. From a Daimler press release today: "With the smart fortwo cabrio, which will be available in time for the summer in all markets, smart will also make a significant contribution to the positive development of unit sales."

Based on sales so far in North America I'm a little leery of what they mean by 'significant'. I can't see being much of any impact especially since we can't even order them yet.

You can order one in Canada but they do not know how much it is going to cost, exactly when any will be produced or subsequently delivered.

Edited by Huronlad

Well, checked in with Mercedes Burlington ... still no word. DM'ed the Smart Canada Twitter account, they said 'at some point in the summer' ... anyone got any more promising news?

Just in time for rain and snow season! Great timing for the marketers!