Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dpollo

2 years 27000kms

11 posts in this topic

Two years and 27000 kms with Electrosmarty. I took it in for its 2 yr service and was given a 2016

Passion for a loaner. Didn't drive more than 5 kms before I decided I needed it. A deal was struck and

the next day I drove away in a 2016. Nice Car. Gas. ( yes, I was baited and reeled in but I couldn't resist the new Smart which resembles a 451 on Steroids) I chose all black again.

My experience with the 2014 ED was mostly positive. My range anxiety was largely overcome but the car's limitations were crowding in on me. I am going to keep my Level 2 charger for now as I believe I will return to an EV if and when the Smart's range gets up to 200 kms or more. The new body style has not yet been offered in an EV so far as I know.

First day with the 2016 makes me appreciate its heating system . Would I recommend the Smart EV ? An emphatic YES if you live in an urban area. If you live in a rural area like I do, you may eventually feel your own range exceeds that of the EV.

Yes, I traded it in. Because it was a 2014 , its depreciation was less than if it had been a '13.

Of course one always feels that he has been bent over on a car deal but that is the way the game

is played. It will be good value for its second owner with 2 years warranty left.

If not for the fact that I have other cars, I may have been tempted to keep it but I am running out of garage space.

My original Smart , a 2008 Pure , is still giving good service to its second owner and we are still friends.

So I guess it was not a lease then

I have a 2016 ED and hope in three years the next ELECTRIC version will be even better or someone like tesla will have a reasonable priced electric car

I saw the new body when we where getting mats and a storage thing for the back. It's going to help smart sales a lot. The car looks bigger than it is and will make people feel as safe as they actually are in a smart car

Congrats on your new smart yay!!!! I love the ED personally, but the range was a little bit concerning....Excited to see what they will offer next December! Hopefully a range of 150-200???

Yes, Three Point in Victoria have it. I enjoyed it thoroughly and will consider another Smart ED if and when the range is better. In the meanwhile :

I will console myself with the fabulous 2016. One week in and 503 kms. and I am pleased to note that the speedometer in the new one

is only about 3% fast. The 9% error on the ED was irritating. dp

2 people like this