Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgguru

Pre Heat settings

7 posts in this topic

So I have been fighting with the pre heat/cooling since we bought the car in July

The App (i tried the android option too) has never made a connection to the car.

The charge and depart worked a few times in the summer and was not at all since the heat needed to be on. I was told somewhere that you needed Level2 charger to run the heat so that was part of why I bought one.

Sunday Night charge I re-entered the leave time 7:40 and the car was toasty and used fare less Battery than it had been for the commute to Burlington.. Great!?

Today Nothing..... Do I have to set the charge and depart every night?

I know I should take the car to the dealer to have the GSM looked at but I don't feel they will be able to fix it or have any idea whats what wrong and will just say the servers are flaky or I must always be in dead areas (I don't trust and dealer service)

So any Advice from you guys would be great

Thanks

when you shut down the car it defaults to "Charge now". You have to set it back to timed departure. Time remains the same - you don't have to set that again.

We have a L2 charger. Precondition feature has rarely worked. Dealer rebooted car but it made no difference. So we don't use this feature. Car heats and cools very quickly so not a problem IMHO. There is a thread here somewhere on this topic.

From LI54-10-P-062648 dated 18 Nov 2015.

Preconditioning starts 35 minutes before departure time at the earliest and is maintained for a maximum of 5 minutes after the programmed departure time. The actual start time depends on the ambient temperature and the temperature in the vehicle interior.

The high voltage PTC heater is switched on at interior temperatures below 18C. The heat output is adjusted so that an interior temperature of 18C is reached 5 minutes before the programmed departure time.

From the manual Page 90 (abbreviated)

Prerequisites:

The doors and tailgates must be closed.

Must be on the charger

Must have sufficient charge in the high voltage battery.

"If the high-voltage battery is not sufficiently charged and the air contioning before start function is activated the high voltage battery is charged first. When a charge level of at least 20% has been reached the air conditioning before start is activated. This function then has priorty over the charging of the high voltage battery."

Lots to go wrong there particularly if either the interior or exterior temp sensor is flakey. We see the outside temp - mine looks to be pretty accurate - but I haven't seen a readout of the interior sensor.

Edited by swl

I ran a test last night on a full battery - no preheat kicked in. Temps should all have been good, no battery issues, ... Flakey.

Does anyone know if there is a screen with the interior cabin temp?

I ran a test last night on a full battery - no preheat kicked in. Temps should all have been good, no battery issues, ... Flakey.

Does anyone know if there is a screen with the interior cabin temp?

You changed the default setting from charge now to carve and depart after you shut the car off??

That was my proble I did not know I had to change it every day

Great to hear! I wonder... Do you leave the fan turned on? Manual says it doesn't matter but I know mine was off for the test. Another test coming up;)