Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kds

It hurts when I walk after I let Lone Star MB service my car.........

5 posts in this topic

2013 SMART..............21,500 km

-Synthetic oil service with "A" service (minor service)

-Rotate tires

-Re-balance all four wheels

-Change combo filter

-Change engine air filter

-Flush brake fluid

$925.................

Service writer calls me and says they can't rotate the tires because they are staggered sizes. I explain to them that they did this at 10,000 km and because they are staggered sizes (but NON-directional tires) all they need to do is swap the rims side to side. Dooouuhhh.........when I pick up the car I get told the technician only did the rears because he "felt" the fronts were wearing evenly. Doooouuhhhhh........went to a local shop, had the fronts rotated and nitrogen put in all fours at the same time for under $75.

This is a leased vehicle and obviously still under warranty, so I still have one more dealer service left to do when my lease is up, but I won't ever go back to Lone Star Mercedes-Benz. Next year I will try Hyatt MB downtown.

I was planning to buy the lease out in November of this year and keep the car for 3 more years (my buyout is $9,300 + GST) but since the cost of maintaining these things has gone up dramatically, and there is no reliable independent service source in Calgary, I am going to give it back and get something else for a daily driver. Dealer maintenance is always the most expensive, but Lone Star has gone up 25% or more, in the last 12 months. The service writer even told me that the last 90 days were the slowest they had ever seen on the service department. It's really too bad, as this is my third 451 and I really like the cars, but the stealership didn't even use lube or whisper sweet nothings in my ear when they fucked me,

Can't wait to get my CSI survey from MB........heh.

Edited by Kds
1 person likes this

I know Reg very well and have had him work on some of my other cars over the years. His work is excellent, and he is ethical, but he's not cheap either because he is a high end "boutique' tuner shop.

Edited by Kds

We are planning to actually. Been there 4 times in the last 18 months on business and followed your SMART car in my rental car outside Ladysmith for 5 minutes back in April 2014. We're going to move to Nanaimo. I was there last week and we've already decided exactly where we want to live in the city. I can buy a much nicer condo 4 times the size of my place here in Calgary for only $75K more..............or get a place the same size for $100K less................and there's no snow. Go figure............

Once we get settled I'll be off to see my old friend who runs the Porsche dealer in Victoria, and order a new Boxster.

Edited by Kds