Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue Smartie

CIAS - Cambridge Stage

30 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

Thought we'd start another list here to see how many are wanting to meet on the 401, Cambridge rest stop, and go together to MB. Spinner's actively pursuing a time for us and once he does, we can post a meet time there.

Nancy and Ray

1. Blue Smartie

Sounds like a good idea to me! Want to make this the KW Fortwo Krew meeting point? Cait? Stampy? Jake and Karen?

-Iain

We discussed this at the London meeting on Wednesday and think those of us going might just meet up with you all there instead of meeting in London then meeting again in Cambridge....I'm sure some of us will probably meet along the way to Cambridge....but we think this is a good idea!!

What time are we meeting at the rest stop?

1. Blue Smartie

2. Di & Mike

3. Cheese4

4. dragon

5. SMRT GRL

But Toronto is right here in the centre of the universe.

It's Windsor that's too far away! ;)

..yeah... i COULD go if i really wanted to.. but...im lazy... and idrive too fast to make it on one tank haha.. and i'd rather spend that money on going out, or shoes!

I went to te detroit show.. it was kinda boring... just a bunch of cars

Hi Everyone!!

Any thought to joining up at the rest stop between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM? We can leave at 9:15 AM and go to MB Mississauga. I've let them know we'd stop by there on the way through and tentatively would arrive around 10 AM.

Your thoughts everyone?

Nancy and Ray

Hi Nancy and Ray, we are just waiting to hear from Spinner before finalizing any times etc. We're not ignoring you just keeping still till the right moment. I will let you know. I'm sure it will be soon till then keep your pants on and thanks for the imput and arrangements. :cheeky:

Karen

Not all that familiar with the area...which stop in Cambridge are we meeting at...or is it fairly obvious??? :biglaugh:

I think the stop is the one going east bound just after the Townline Road cutoff on the 401. It's just past the last exit at Cambridge.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Di

I think the stop is the one going east bound just after the Townline Road cutoff on the 401. It's just past the last exit at Cambridge.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Di

That's the one I was thinking of too. The one that has a MacDonald's, a Petro-Can and a WILLIAMS coffee shop, right? (Guess where I'll be waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive if it's freezing cold morning on the 19th...).

Blue Smartie:

I'm a little confused about the timing though. I understood that if we're part of the "priority list", we're supposed to be at the MB Midtown location for breakfast at 10:0. Am I mistaken? If not, unless I use the :beamme: method and can alternate between the 2 locations very, very quicly, I'm in trouble...

Well, I see slimwagn just posted the final "priority" (i.e. included in breakfast/gathering at MB Midtown at 10:00) list, and obviously, I'm not going to be the only one who would have to be in two places at the same time. So I think I'll show up at the 401 Cambridge stop at around 8:30 and leave to go to MB Midtown at 9:00 or so. Any thoughts anyone? Blue Smartie? Jake 1? Smrt grl? Di? Cheese 4?

I spoke to Victoria Star this afternoon about possible tickets and the manager said he just heard about this smart event and is trying to locate some extra tickets for us. Should know tomorrow if he can locate some. So maybe we can get the second tickets we need. Can't do much about breakfast but thats okay maybe we could come up with a location that we could all meet before for breakfast before heading to Mississauga or wherever we're supose to go. What are you thoughts

Dianna

Sorry for the late reply, long hours at work lately.

1. As for the Cambridge location, you are correct, it's just off the 401 so you can't miss it.

2. The only problem there may be is that some are invited for breakfast and others unfortunately haven't been. So it may be a chore to schedule a meet time with two groups leaving at different times.

I did PM MB Mississauga and informed them we could meet there and go with that group to MB Midtown. The arrival time there was for approximately 10 AM.

So any problem if we meet at 8:30 AM, leave by 9:00 AM and head to MB Mississauga? The invited group can then head for MB Midtown so they're not late. I think it would be GREAT to go as a group despite the unfortunate events that have happened with the dealerships.

Let us know!! And if anyone hears that Victoria Star is doing a second ticket, please let me know as well! I have a call to make to them as well about this....hehehehehe

So, 8:30 AM Sunday February 19th, Cambridge Rest Stop? All in favour?

Nancy and Ray

Ditto! I'll be there at 8:30. I'm so excited, I just CAN'T WAIT! My husband says I'm just a big kid. He's wrong! I can't be a BIG kid. I'm five foot two standing on my tip toes... :biglaugh: Very much looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi . We will catch you on the 401. We will have our radios on to channel 4. We should be hitting the 401 at Guelph about 9 am. We should meet up with you on route. :clapping::clapping: Karen and Jake

Cool, the 4 of us from Guelph might see you guys then on 401, as we're planning on leaving Guelph @ Hanlon/Laird at 9am as well!

-Iain

If you guys are leaving Guelph at 9:00 and we're leaving from Cambrige at the same time, we might see one another on the 401, but if we don't, would it make sense to exit 401 very briefly at 6 south (Morriston), get together and then get right back on 401?

It's okay, Mississauga is just a hop away, Mike and I will catch up with you guys there :)

-Iain