Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Car2go pulls out of Richmond Bc and cuts back in N. Van

8 posts in this topic

Car2go announced today that they're pulling out of Richmond BC in a week and also scaling back massively in North Vancouver.

I wondered how long before they scaled back in North Vancouver.

I've seen cars sit for days in the same spot... :watchout:

I wonder what is happening with all those cars they ordered? Iirc it was 200 they ordered.

Likely reallocate them to other cities where it's successful, like Austin, San Diego, Portland or maybe even TO or Montreal. I don't have any idea how well it is doing here, as I never go "into town" anymore unless I desperately must. I do see them occasionally around the airport, though.

I just noticed yesterday that the car2go smarts are disappearing from

the streets of North Vancouver and, being replaced by Mercedes Benz

CLA 250...:unsure:

Really?  I literally cannot fit in a CLA, no headroom.

Before they bailed on Toronto completely, the fleet was gradually transitioning over to the CLA and GLA. I always preferred to find a smart, but in our neighbourhood, it seems there were more and more of the CLA and GLA  as time went on. The CLA and GLA are awful cars. I hated driving them every single time I had one. For short trips, it took too long to find a comfortable position (too many seat adjustments) and unless you're driving them all the time, the stupid transmission stalk on the right side of the steering column is terribly un-intuitive. And I still don't remember where the wiper controls are. Terrible ergonomics.

The former premium manufacturers of 30 years ago have become the volume manufacturers of today.  Mercedes in particular has fallen to unknown depths of abysmally poor design, low quality and is more common than any other brand that I notice in Vancouver.  And I agree about the CLA/GLA/B being rubbish.