minifreak

451 to 450 parts compatibility

11 posts in this topic

Coming from Subarus, I had the luxury of many take-off parts from performance models to bolt on to my car.

My first finding, the seats are almost a direct bolt-in. I was intrigued by a pair of 451 seats on my local CL. It was a great deal so I picked them up not knowing if they will fit. So far so good, the driver side fit without too much drama. (The passenger side is serving as kids play object in the living room for now) The hardest part is drilling out the drawer rivets. I swapped over the seat belt receiver (sp?) but is still trying to figure out how to hook up the side airbags as the connectors are different.

Anyways, I was wondering is there such a list in existence on the forum for more compatible parts between the model years?

Edited by minifreak

i too would like to know what parts interchange between certain models, But...this is over 2 years old with no replies!

Me too....me too.....lol

I am now thinking am arm rest is needed...lol...I saw somewhere where you could retro fit one with a bit of drilling etc......from a mercedez something or other...lol....Time to search for another item...lol.

I am also going to hunt down a better muffler for our 450's....this splitting of the bottom seam is pissing me off....it's not bad at the moment but I'm sure it's going to get far worse as time goes on......there has to be a small standard muffler that'll easily fit into this space.

451 front rims will fit the front of a 450

451 rear rims will fit the front of a 450 (go smaller than 185/55R15 though ...mine rub on hard turns )

Edited by LooseLugNuts

The rear brake parts are all cross-compatible as far as I can tell, but that's just based on visual inspection, I didn't actually fit them across platforms, just had a set of each apart on the bench.

Edited by booneylander

ive been told front and rear springs are mostly the same but 451 into a 450 will produce slightly more wheel clearance (which i need)

i can confirmthe front ones fit perfect...here is a picture to compare..its not a fair one as ithe 450 spring was used and may be shorter than a new one 

on the left is a used 450 replacement spring (mileage unknown but it appeared much newer than the other broken side so i suspect it had been changed at some time)

on the right is a new suplex front spring for a 451

450 451 springs.jpg

also i think i said in another thread that i had previously installed springs by hand without using a spring compressor....i can now confirm that i was wrong in saying that and was thinking of my polaris four wheeler at the time as there is no way i could have pushed this one down and started the nut without a proper compressor

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Front brake pads are the same 2005-2015. Rotors are likely a match.

Front wheel bearings are the same. Rears are different. 

7 hours ago, houseofdiesel said:

Front brake pads are the same 2005-2015. Rotors are likely a match.

Front wheel bearings are the same. Rears are different. 

are you sure?,,,the front bearngs ive seen for 451 are not the same...the knuckles and struts are also completely different

Front 451 wheel bearings are part of steering knuckle therefore rather expensive. 

Front wheel bearings in the 451 can be pressed out and replaced.  They do not seem to fail like the 450 ones so I would say they are different.