GRP151

Restrictor Plug or Constrictor Clamp by GRP151

66 posts in this topic

Okay Got it! but what does...On a good thermostat you should be able to suck yourself onto that barb?

???suck yourself onto that barb???

maybe his wifes name is barb

or maybe he's saying that if you suck on that end that goes to the radiator you should be able to maintain a vacuum seal if the little bleed valve is seating properly

Posted (edited) · Report post

Reminds me of an old guy in the village who had sucked himself onto a Cola bottle and could not get off it.  He could not cry out for help as lower lip and tongue were inside the bottle.  He broke the bottle with a hammer to save himself.  Dangerous drink is Cola!

Edited by tolsen

Now if you lived here in Ontario most of us speak in clarity, not all of us, just the educated ones.

If your in need to a communicate a thought, try using words like the ones below. It does improve communication.

Sucking on the 'larger' (outlet or inner) pipe of the thermostat , you should maintain a vacuum!

Only if this is what you are trying to communicate

The thing is I am an alien whose native language is not English. For nearly a decade I had to report twice a year to the Aliens office in Aberdeen.  I recall there was a signboard on the door stating “Aliens only”.

1 hour ago, GetSmart said:

Now if you lived here in Ontario most of us speak in clarity, not all of us, just the educated ones.

If your in need to a communicate a thought, try using words like the ones below. It does improve communication.

Sucking on the 'larger' (outlet or inner) pipe of the thermostat , you should maintain a vacuum!

Only if this is what you are trying to communicate

4633784_f520.jpg

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, tolsen said:

The thing is I am an alien whose native language is not English. For nearly a decade I had to report twice a year to the Aliens office in Aberdeen.  I recall there was a signboard on the door stating “Aliens only”.

What is this bilinqual language you speak of professor? Beside alien?

Because we all have inalienable rights!    In-alien-able. hardy har har har

https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7RVEB_enCA753&dcr=0&ei=YJEFWu6AL8z-jwTsw7LAAw&q=inalienable+rights&oq=inalienable+rights&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i67k1j0i7i30k1j0i67k1j0i7i30k1j0i7i10i30k1j0i7i30k1l2j0i7i10i30k1l2j0i67k1.28776.28776.0.34726.1.1.0.0.0.0.135.135.0j1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.133....0.58jvkjdEJRU

22 hours ago, tolsen said:

True Scotts.....say it this way

"Keep makin airt an ne-er gie heed tae hoo long it”ll bide. It aw casts awa an becomes bum wipe in the end. But mind, ert is no what it is it’s whit it does."

Translated:

ert, airt: art.

"Keep making art and never give a thought to how long it might stay around. It all fades and becomes recycled waste towards the end. But remember, art is not what it is but what it does."

Keep making art.

..and one more...

“Pouin thon rackle’s mair like tae sink us than empty the room dae ye no think?”

Translated:

rackle: a chain, small chain on a pipe stem attaching the lid and a pin for cleanin it out, noise of a moving chain.

“Pulling that chain is more likely to sink us rather than empty the room – do you not think so?”

Posted (edited) · Report post

thought of this thread today when i came across my favourite pair of hose pinchers 

less than $20 at princess auto if someone wants to experiment with hose pinching gap without the hassle of plates and nuts and bolts

link doesnt always work but heres the sku number .. SKU: 8355372

8355372.jpg

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/10-in-metal-hose-pinch-off-pliers

Edited by LooseLugNuts
1 person likes this

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, LooseLugNuts said:

thought of this thread today when i came across my favourite pair of hose pinchers 

less than $20 at princess auto if someone wants to experiment with hose pinching gap without the hassle of plates and nuts and bolts

link doesnt always work but heres the sku number .. SKU: 8355372

8355372.jpg

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/10-in-metal-hose-pinch-off-pliers

It certainly seems like a good idea to try, but it may shake loose during a test run. You still have to lower the motor to get in there to clamp it.

maybe someday ill try it and report back if there is room and/or if it falls 

right now im ok with the temperature situation in my smart though

they are self locking ...if they dont feel secure i would just tape them or wire them there...never had them slide off yet while using them for other things

Edited by LooseLugNuts

48 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

maybe someday ill try it and report back if there is room and/or if it falls 

right now im ok with the temperature situation in my smart though

they are self locking ...if they dont feel secure i would just tape them or wire them there...never had them slide off yet while using them for other things

They are designed to close tightly onto a hose and to stop the flow, your right they won't slip off to easily when used that way. But when you set it to a partial compression where it does not completely collapse the hose it will sit loose.  The outward pressure from the hose isn't sustainable and could slip off. Wiring it up or tie straps may suffice.

Edited by GRP151

they do make a similar vice grip version

but i prefer the princess auto ones because you can set them to lock at whatever gap you want ...the irwin vice grip version are designed to always clamp tight and needs too much resistance to stay  closed