smartnhappy

Tuesday October 04, 2016

21 posts in this topic

Suggested and agreed upon among everybody at Glenn's BBQ following the Lambeth Harvestfest parade, was Bayfield for October.

Weather should still be nice for a drive that time of year, and we've been to Bayfield in the past on a fall colour run.

James (Ethical Beef) has agreed to check out and recommend a local restaurant, since he's a local boy and knows everything. :)

So this topic is currently just a place-holder until I can post details of the event.  Stay tuned !!

In the meantime, hold Tuesday October 04th open, and plan for a 6:30PM kickoff.

btw..... Harvestfest parade was great, Glenn's get-together was greater and Liz's pulled pork was greaterest. :hungry:

I hope to be there if George gets me my car back by then. :P  Bit of a drive from Cambridge but it would be a good chance to give the car a workout.

Jeff

Love to have you join us Jeff, if you can.

We always want to make our outings worthwhile for everybody, no matter the distance travelled.

The more, the merrier.

1 hour ago, Leadwing said:

Only 5 days to go!  Any word on a location yet??

Wondering this myself.  Don't want to just drive up to Bayfield only to miss everyone.

Jeff

Sorry for the delay everybody.

James (Bayfield local) is in agreement that The Docks is the place to go.

He comments on good food, good beer selection and good parking as reasons for choice.

Address and map included in their website below, along with their menus.

See y'all there !!

http://www.docksrestaurantbar.com/index.php

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Edited by smartnhappy

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

2) dragon sr. and dragon jr. (i.e. Estelle and André)

3) Ron & Dot

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

3) Ron & Dot

4) William

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

7 minutes ago, Huronlad said:

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

3) Ron & Dot

4) William

5) Jeff & maybe Sammy

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

3) Ron & Dot

4) William

5) Jeff & maybe Sammy

6) Larry & Gail

7)

8)

9)

10)

With God and PlugShare as my co-pilots, I'm hopeful there's enough electricity out there to complete this journey.

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

3) Ron & Dot

4) William

5) Jeff & maybe Sammy

6) Larry & Gail

7) Wild!

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

SIGN-UP 

1) Bill

3) Ron & Dot

4) William

5) Jeff & maybe Sammy

6) Larry & Gail

7) Wild!

8) ToFu

9)

10)

11)

12)

Can't make it now.  My car is having braking problems.  I'm taking it apart right now.  Always little things with this little car.

Jeff

Unfortunately we will not be able to get to this one either, we are both working which will make it too late by the

time we get up to Bayfield. Have a great time everyone, hopefully next month we can meet up.

Ralph & Monica

Ya, it was a bit of a long haul to Bayfield for some.  Sorry about that.

We were trying to make use of the last of the good weather to include a nice drive along with October's 'meet&eat'.

With winter around the corner, we'll be keeping event locations closer to the London area.

We did manage to get 10 people in 8 Smarts out to The Docks.  Food was great, as was the company.

We had the perfect evening for a ride..... clear and warm, with almost no wind.

Table discussion had north area of London for Tuesday, November 01st.

I'll look around and post some suggestions.

It was worth the drive!  The only down side to the whole night were the lane closures on hwy. 4, but that was quickly forgotten when we arrived at The Docks.  The trip home was better due to lower traffic volume.  Silverwing was still recovering from it's encounter with a deer in late September, so Brusied was given the task to get us to Bayfield.

James brought his Hayabusa  smartie out to the event.  Nice sound! :lol:  Also, it was James who selected the location this month.  I'm sure no one was disappointed.  Good choice James. :thumbsup_still:

2 hours ago, Leadwing said:

James brought his Hayabusa  smartie out to the event.  Nice sound! :lol:  Also, it was James who selected the location this month.  I'm sure no one was disappointed.  Good choice James. :thumbsup_still:

A very enjoyable "Meet". Great food and camaraderie. The Hi-Lite of my night was definitely James' "Trick Smartie". The car had incredible detail in every aspect..........but the sound.........I've still got goosebumps thinking about it. A few of us stayed around to chat and after everyone else left, James made a slow exit. After turning onto the highway, he punched it and the Hayabusa roared and instantly disappeared out of sight to the tune of about 10,000+ RPM. I walked back to my car and could still hear the gear changes in the distance. "Sally" sputtered to life and I think she was in 5th gear covering the same distance James did in 1st. *sniffle*. Sorry to be so verbose.........but it was an incredible end to an incredible evening

Sorry I did not make the gathering. :(

I guess it was a bad idea to go for a "short" nap when I came back from work. 4 hours later...

There was a Hayabusa Smartie at the event.  I'd have pushed my car there to see that.  I've watched video of one of them.  What you call a real "sleeper".

Jeff