dragon

Any smarties/smartians still active over there?

7 posts in this topic

There doesn't seem to be anything happening anymore in the Ottawa-Hull area. :(

I'm from Hull originally, and I go back there very often.

I keep looking for some nice smart gatherings taking place when I happen to be there, but... :(

Anybody still keen on smart activities at all?

Activity in general with Smarts seems to have dropped considerably, this website included. At least it seems to have anyway.

Dave

It's true.  I will be getting together with a couple of smart guys in California next week....taking the Canada 1 down there.

Don't forget when you're down there Mike, if these guys have lots of money and want to buy your car, I have one too :)

1 person likes this

I aways look at the smart times events over across the pond every year an wish there was a way for me attend just one of these with mine,  I would love to have something like that over here.

I'd be up for some smartian event in the Ottawa/Hull area some time.

Edited by booneylander

Reply to booneylander (and others).......

Go ahead and take the lead.  Someone has to.  Set something up for the Smarties in your area.  Its not that hard.

Pick a location that's easy to get to and convenient for all, with lots of parking.  Make a reservation.  Finalize #'s just prior.

Be sure there's good food (not too expensive) and pleasant surroundings.  Unique restaurants usually better than chains.

A pleasant drive-to-arrive is always nice, if possible, particularly with the developing Fall colours this time of year.

Pick a day that works for your area.  First Tuesday of every month works for us.  Just so there's no holiday interference. 

Over the years, we've tried every day of the week.  Found that people were too busy on weekends.

We have good luck with a 6:00'ish kickoff.  Most folks that work till 5 can make it to local events.

Start a SIGN-UP thread like we use in the Southern Ontario forum.  Copy the format if you'd like.

Check out the old posts (and there's lots of them!) on our forum for some ideas as to where we've been as a group.

We've been to lots of restaurants, car shows, parades and special events.  Also long drives and tours (Labatt's twice).

Make sure you include all info on your chosen location (web site, menus, map, etc) and any drive-to-arrive tour plans.

Make your get-together interesting and fun, and solicite everyone's opinion in choosing the next month's outing.

Whatever your event results, don't be discouraged.  Attendance might be disappointing for the first one.

But the next one will be better.  And so will the one after that.  You'll learn what appeals to and works for your group.

There will be those that want things changed for their convenience.  Strive for an overall consensus.  Make the decisions.

If you want it to happen, YOU need to organize it.  Commit to it.  Be consistent.  It'll happen.

Good luck !!

btw..... happy to answer any questions.  Just PM me.

Bill