smartmedic

clutch actuator problem

7 posts in this topic

I have inherited a smart fortwo 2006 and there was starting problem so thinking it could be because it did'nt recongnise the neutral position i went and took the actuator out, now that i have found the problem which was the small wire on the starter i tryed to put the actuator back in there but it seems like i have to push the pressure plate by hand the get the actuator in the place it was before. NOW my question is how do i get it back in neutral to put the actuator or is there an adjustement.??? I AM VERY FAR FROM A DEALER SO THIS FORUM IS MY BEST SHOT

Thank you very much in advance 

Smartmedic

Do a search on "clutch actuator adjustment" and you should find that which you seek.

Yikes!

I've found sometimes the rod of the actuator extends - then it needs to be taken apart and retracted.

You have to hope that the tranny will go into neutral and then set the actuator.

A whole lot easier when you have a star computer, I'm sorry to say.

my smart is up and running it was the rod that stayed extended playing with the shifter retracted the rod and all i had to do is put it back in place. the problem was when it retracted it was'nt pushing on the clutch release arm so now thanks to you smart142 i will enjoy my inherited smart fortwo

I'm glad that smart142 (Uncle Glenn to most of us) was helpful in solving your problem.  He is the "go-to" guy in southern Ontario for diesel smart problems. 

BTW ........ :welcome: to the club.