smart65

2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Cheaper in Canada

12 posts in this topic

http://www.hybridcars.com/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-cheaper-in-canada-way-cheaper-for-ontario-residents/

From this American site: 

Whether its Canada or the U.S. the Bolt has earned a surprising EPA estimated driving range of 238 miles (383 km) on a full charge of its 60-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack.

A clickable link on the site: http://5 Cool Things About the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV

Edited by smart65
Corrected spelling and added a second link

It has the jump on the Tesla 3, so if it's not rubbish (time will tell), good on GM.

The reviews for the Chevy Bolt are overwhelmingly positive.

My expectation is that it will out-sell the Volt hybrid (which is a great car too), and especially in Ontario with the $14K rebate.

I'll continue to wait patiently for the Tesla Model 3.

Hopefully more fast-charging infrastructure is rolling out soon!

1 person likes this

Does anyone on this site own or lease a Chevy Bolt? I'm somewhat interested in looking into a Bolt when my lease is up on my 2015 smart ED in July 2018. The main reason I'm looking to switch is because of the increased range with the Bolt, and the possibility of putting a child seat in the Bolt.

Any opinions on the Bolt?

Thanks.

One person here has one.  I forget the name (maybe do a search on Bolt).  I have test driven one and it's quick, rides OK and the range is SO much better than a G1 LEAF or smart ED.  Downsides are the crap interior and unknown reliability.

Pretty sure it is steveyfrac send him a pm I’m sure he would be quite happy to talk to you about it.

Nigel

Yes, it's steveyfrac

Right now, the "build and price" configurator on GM Canada's site is not working for the Bolt. I contacted them about it, and they said they're making some updates to it, and it should be back soon. That was a couple of weeks ago, and it's still not available. I'm wondering if it's because of low availability... dealers can't sell what they can't get.

When I was at the Toronto Autoshow this year the GM folks were still quoting 6-8 months delivery from deposit.    Last year they failed to meet their 30k vehicle target (~25k) and this year they're slowly ramping back up at a slightly better production rate.

It looks like they may manage to beat the 25k production level this year but at this point I'd estimate 35-45k units.   

Tesla is producing 2000 Model 3 per week so they should be able to exceed that in about 3 months.   

New Leaf production is already at about 10k per month.  

GM just doesn't seem to be serious about producing the car in volume.

bolt-sales.png

1 person likes this

The Bolt is a Korean designed car by Lucky-Goldstar and Daewoo. (럭키금성/樂喜金星 and 대우)

On 06/04/2018 at 0:38 PM, darren said:

Yes, it's steveyfrac

Right now, the "build and price" configurator on GM Canada's site is not working for the Bolt. I contacted them about it, and they said they're making some updates to it, and it should be back soon. That was a couple of weeks ago, and it's still not available. I'm wondering if it's because of low availability... dealers can't sell what they can't get.

Yes I noticed that as well. But I just assumed it was always that way. So if I were to order a Bolt, would I have to wait a long time to take delivery? 

Ok, it looks like the build and price page is up and running again for the Bolt: http://www.chevrolet.ca/byo-vc/client/en/CA/chevrolet/bolt-ev/2018/bolt-ev/trim

We just put a deposit down on a Bolt at a GM dealership. They told us that we will likely have to wait a full year to take delivery! So we're looking at April 2019.