Heath

Wide tire look,

16 posts in this topic

Hello,  does anyone recognize this car and do you know the size tires and the rims and the fender flares on this car, i'm hooked on the low-profile car, 

IMG_1204.JPG

You can get the wheels from your John Deere dealer but I doubt if the mower deck will fit.

1 person likes this

205 or 215 tires are more than enough for a 451 and they fit without the unpleasant looking body mods.

I have 215/35-17 Hankook tires on 7.5x17 Brabus wheels on all four corners of my '09 451.  They are wide enough without having to resort to fender flares or body cutting.

Friend of mine took  a picture of this little gem I think in Victoria or BC.  Love to know what he or she did to this to get this to work.

car.jpg

Oh those poor bearings (and the unexpected steering reactions must be epic)

That car cannot turn without the wheels rubbing against its fenders.  Same applies to its suspension.  There is hardly more than a few millimeter clearance for the wheels.

What on earth is that green mesh thing over the roof I wonder?

Wow, that yellow 451 is a tad strange! Well, to each their own. I LIFTED  451! And ran taller tires on it as well! And it ran like a champ between Abbotsford and Prince George all one winter with no failures or issues at all. That was a fun little car! Thanks goodness TPM solved the shifter/tranny issue in it properly! New owner in Nanaimo somewhere about 5 years ago. Wonder has anyone ever seen the car mid island. Blue on black pure coupe, 08.

I'm surprised the owner didn't just do hot rod-style "cap" fenders that turn with the wheels, like on the Prowler. That seems a little... special.