steveyfrac

Deposit down on a 2017 ForTwo Electric Cabriolet!

30 posts in this topic

Finally made my decision.  After waffling around for literally months and test driving a bunch of different cars, I've decided that I'll be picking up another new ForTwo next year.  I'm a little nervous about the soft top in the winter, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Since it'll be built to spec for me, I'll be getting exactly what I want, which I've never done before!

Very excited!

Edited by steveyfrac
3 people like this

Congrats! My wife has been driving a 451 cabrio for over 2 years, She says it's warmer in the winter. Does have some wind noise at speed. No major issues.

The hope is that with a charger available in Woodstock, and a charger that runs more than twice as fast, I might be able to come to London for the Smart events.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, steveyfrac said:

The hope is that with a charger available in Woodstock, and a charger that runs more than twice as fast, I might be able to come to London for the Smart events.

There are at least two level 2 chargers in Woodstock.  One is less than a minute off the 401.

Sounds great Leadwing!  If it's at least 32 amps, I can get a full charge in about 2.5 hours in the new car, once it gets here.

Does someone have a big charger in London i could borrow for an hour or two?

12 hours ago, steveyfrac said:

Does someone have a big charger in London i could borrow for an hour or two?

You're welcome to use mine or there's a public L2 at the Canada Trust near my house.

1 person likes this

Glad to see you are getting the 453 Smart ED convertible!    I love the look and features of this new model and would spec a black with green accents with after market rims/tires with very sticky rubber to really improve the handling.   

I had waffled on this decision myself, but given that my son just got his G2 license, I'm going to stick with the 451 ED for our second car till my Tesla Model 3 comes in mid-2018 (ish).   I want to save up to go full on AWD and performance on the Tesla 3, so I decided not to spend $16K (assuming $8K trade in) on a new 453 in 2017.

On 14/12/2016 at 8:47 PM, SmartElectric said:

I'm going to stick with the 451 ED for our second car till my Tesla Model 3 comes in mid-2018 (ish)

How silly was I?!   Of course I'm going to get a new 2017 Smart ED convertible...  going to put down my deposit tomorrow.

Reason : Ontario government just increased the rebate for Smart ED to $13K today ... they are paying me to do this!  How can I refuse?  That's $4500 MORE rebate than I got on my 2013 Smart ED...  so I'm going full on options, convertible and throw the works in.

1 person likes this

Just now, lebikerboy said:

Coupe, had rag tops in the past, no thanks.

I think I'm going to go for a coupe as well now, but my dealer is still saying he doesn't have order information...  Is yours all ordered / priced??

8 minutes ago, lebikerboy said:

Absolutely...

Can you share pricing details?   Potentially in PM if that makes you more comfortable...

I still don't know anything.

The 2016 Munchkin has been idle since Oct when I decided to abort a stair descent for a sudden fall. and have my licence revoked. Waiting to get medicals done and then decide what to do. I like the coupe and look forward o seeing the 17s. Here I'm hoping. Happy to see some of the flock keeping their faith..

2 hours ago, SmartED said:

The 2016 Munchkin has been idle since Oct when I decided to abort a stair descent for a sudden fall. and have my licence revoked. Waiting to get medicals done and then decide what to do. I like the coupe and look forward o seeing the 17s. Here I'm hoping. Happy to see some of the flock keeping their faith..

I hope you are OK!

We'll definitely all show off our 2017's when they arrive.

For those in B.C. the Government has implemented some changes to the rebate program.

The actual rebate for a smart Ed is still $5,000.00 however, if you opt to take advantage of the

Scrap-It program you get a further $6,000.00 off. As the most we would get for our 2006 was about

$3,500.00 this is what we'll be doing. So, another 450 will be disappearing around the end of May.:(

1 person likes this

Understandable.  You should take all the goodies off it first.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the replacement parts if I remove the "goodies".

I suppose if someone wanted to show up at my place just before I have to turn the car

in, could swap the Corelines and Vredestein tires for their old ones...