Nein7Oh

450 CDI Remap

7 posts in this topic

Is it possible to do a remap without buying a STAR setup? Oddly enough I already have a DELL D630 that most online sellers are trying to peddle with the rest of the equipment. I have a VAG-COM cable from my previous VW and it is my understanding that it will work as a mpps cable. What software are you using if not the STAR stuff? I have already found the remap files, and have seen a lot of people in this section mentioning repeated remapping with various different files. From what I have seen the 365277 is recommended, but the zip archive I found had the .MOD file but is missing the .ORG file for that map. This is just going to be a stop gap measure until I can talk my girlfriend (the owner) to spend the money on a proper Malone tune. The utter lack of a qualified mechanic where we live means that the maintenance and repair falls on me. I am fluent in diesel, but not MB.

Perhaps this could become a how-to sticky/wiki?

Thanks

Thank you. So the best way to read fault codes and such is still the STAR setup? Does the smart have the same 38 pin connector as Mercedes? I have only seen the ODB2 port near the steering wheel.

OBDII port is the interface for the ECU and subsystems.  A standard OBDII scan tool can read engine codes, for the other subsystems a STAR or equivalent is needed.

You don't need a star machine to do a remap, just buy a KWP200 and use your laptop.

canman

On 1/1/2017 at 8:43 PM, CANMAN said:

You don't need a star machine to do a remap, just buy a KWP200 and use your laptop.

canman

Is there a "how to" on this? I'd really like to know how to do it. 

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Fierodough said:

Is there a "how to" on this? I'd really like to know how to do it. 

Thank you!

Just a suggestion, make sure you locate a STAR system near you before upsetting the electronics within your Smart so it'll be simpler to fix afterwards....imho.   BUT, if you are computer savy then have at it.....enjoy.