Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niteshooter

Hi from Toronto

3 posts in this topic

Finally found a nice used Smart, have been looking for quite a while. Good shape for a 2010 but know that there are a few things I'll be doing once the winter is over such as fluid changes. I also noticed the front brake pads on the passenger side are getting close to replacement, actually pointed it out and was somewhat surprised it passed it's safety. Also 3rd brake light bulb is burnt out and wheel well trim on back passenger side is broken. (Thanks for the tip about germanparts.ca have a message into them for the brake parts)

Otherwise the interior is remarkably clean and undercarriage doesn't show any signs of salt corrosion from winter driving though I will see more once I have it up in the air. It had the Smart Bluetooth hands-free pod installed, took me a while to figure out what the weird lump on the dash pad was. Paired up easily to my iPhone and seems to work with iTune ok. Also has the 6 CD changer and 5 speakers. Seem loud enough for now....

Any other notable service items I need to consider on a 100,000 km car? The warranty/service book was included but nothing was checked off so that isn't much help in terms of the service history or they went with someone other than a dealer. I've got a shop up in Markham that works on Smarts and who do work on all our other cars and have already had a chat with them so think I'm covered. 

Here's a shot on the driveway, as you can see we like our plastic bodied cars. The Saturn is a 2000 and still running strong though it's not driven in the winter, we have another 1999 that is our winter beater.....

smart1.jpg

Edited by niteshooter
1 person likes this

A nice, clean looking vehicle.  When the summertime rolls around, you'll enjoy it even more with the top down.

Thanks! Yes the warm weather can't get here fast enough! The heated seats were nice yesterday on the drive home!