Leadwing

Spike & Leadwing's 50th Anniversary

26 posts in this topic

- Event 50th Anniversary

- When - April 15/17

- Time - 2:00pm to 4:00pm (1400 to 1600)

- Where - 245 College Street, Belmont, Ontario (Belmont United Church hall)

- Dress code - CASUAL

- Best wishes and / or food drive donations only please

- There will be light snacks and non-alcoholic drinks

Please sign up if you think you can make it ...... it's not carved in stone, but just to give us an idea of how much food and drinks to get.

1. Ron & Dot

1 person likes this

:bump: 

Help us celebrate 50 loooooooong years as best friends and more. ....... All are welcome. :thumbsup_still:
- Dress code - CASUAL
-
Best wishes or food drive donations only please
- There will be light snacks and non-alcoholic drinks ........ FREE
- Please let us know if you think you can make it by responding to this message ...... it's not carved in stone, but just to give us an idea of how much food and drinks to get.
- If you CAN come, please let us know if you are alone, a couple or plus kids

Belmont Church.jpg

I signed up in mid-February, but since then my daughter plans coming for a visit from New Zealand and I may have to pick her up in Toronto on that day.

Its also the day before my birthday, which as we all know is a national celebration.

And of course there's all the Easter eggs to hide.

There's a lot of s**t happening !!

Seriously, I'll be there if I can.  I hate missing free food anywhere. :)

Put me down for one, a definite maybe.

Looking forward to seeing you here William.  I hope you can make it.

Thanks for the heads up Bill.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can squeeze us into your busy schedule.

Sign-up

1) Ron & Dot

2) Bill

3) Liz & Glenn

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

1 person likes this

Sign-up

1) Ron & Dot

2) Bill

3) Liz & Glenn

4) Wild!

5) Larry & Gail

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Looks like the London area contingent of CsC will be well represented.  Thanks to you all for responding. 

Any other CsC members wishing to attend are more than welcome as well.

Yes, he does occasionally wear long pants

Ron and Dot 50th.jpg

Edited by Spike
2 people like this

Sign-up

1) Ron & Dot

2) Bill

3) Liz & Glenn

4) Wild!

5) Larry & Gail

6) ToFu

7) Gary and Alice

8)

9)

10)

oh we were really hoping we would be able to come. but our daughter decided to celebrate Easter on Sat. since we have two daughters one has every one for Thanksgiving the other Easter and I do Christmas it has become a tradition. Hope you will understand, have a great time and Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary oh darn now that song is in my head.

Karen &Jake

Ron & Dot,

We just had our Easter dinner bumped from Sunday to Saturday. Very Sorry that I can't make it out to Belmont now. All the best for this momentous occasion. Best Regards, ToFu.

Thanks for the heads up

35 minutes ago, TheHandyHobbit said:

Ron & Dot,

We just had our Easter dinner bumped from Sunday to Saturday. Very Sorry that I can't make it out to Belmont now. All the best for this momentous occasion. Best Regards, ToFu.

1 hour ago, Tardis said:

oh we were really hoping we would be able to come. but our daughter decided to celebrate Easter on Sat. since we have two daughters one has every one for Thanksgiving the other Easter and I do Christmas it has become a tradition. Hope you will understand, have a great time and Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary oh darn now that song is in my head.

Karen &Jake

We totally understand.  Thanks for the best wishes :)

Ron & Dot,  I'm sorry to have to decline coming out, I lost my smart  week ago have look for a replacement or I have no way to work. I want to wish you both all the best from me.:) 

Thanks for the best wishes Dag.  Good luck in your search for a replacement .  How did you "lose" your smart? :o PM me if it's too embarrassing to post.

Tomorrow's the day!!  Just a friendly reminder for those who can make it.

1 person likes this

Sorry Ron, I won't be able to attend as I planned.

Broke a tooth yesterday and I have to have it out on Saturday, with preparation for an implant.

Add to that my daughter and granddaughter are visiting from New Zealand for a short time.

Plus I'll be trying to stage an open house Saturday from 2 to 4.

And I was so looking forward to free food too.

Seriously, congratulations to you and Dot on your milestone anniversary and best wishes for many, many more.

We won't be attending either, but wish you a very happy 50th anniversary and many more to come.  Cheers! :)

5 hours ago, smartnhappy said:

Sorry Ron, I won't be able to attend as I planned.

Broke a tooth yesterday and I have to have it out on Saturday, with preparation for an implant.

Add to that my daughter and granddaughter are visiting from New Zealand for a short time.

Plus I'll be trying to stage an open house Saturday from 2 to 4.

And I was so looking forward to free food too.

Seriously, congratulations to you and Dot on your milestone anniversary and best wishes for many, many more.

Totally understandable Bill.  Sorry to hear about the tooth.  Good luck at the dentist!  It certainly looks like a full calendar of things to do for you.  We "MAY" save you some free food if I don't eat it all first.  Thank you for the congratulations.

4 hours ago, jwight said:

We won't be attending either, but wish you a very happy 50th anniversary and many more to come.  Cheers! :)

Also understandable John.  It's a long way for you to come just for a few snacks.  Dot and I certainly appreciate the best wishes and we also received a card from Adele  which was signed by a number of attendees of this years April Fools event. A thank you has been sent to her and all who signed the card as well.

1 person likes this

It started out as a very rainy day.  I got soaked to the skin just bringing some of the supplies into the church. I was a  little concerned about this causing a reduction in attendance.  Weather-wise, it turned out to be a beautiful day.  We were expecting 50 people from various times in my life judging by the responses  we received.  We were surprised and, of course, pleased to see well over 100 according to my daughter who was doing an unofficial body count.

Given the weather early in the day, I was pleasantly surprised to see friends and family members coming out to this event from as far away as Seaforth, Welland, Bowmanville, Alliston  and Toronto 

CsC was well represented by Glenn & Larry (missing Liz and Gail), Ralph & Monica, William, Bob & Candi, Gary & Alice and former smart owners, Phil & Sandy.  I was so busy greeting everyone and receiving congratulations and well-wishes that I couldn't spend much time with the individuals who came out.  My apologies to anyone I missed, but the mind is still fuzzy from all the activity.

We had a slideshow continuously running which included family, friends (some from my racing days 50 years ago) some animals (pets), and activities that Dot and I have enjoyed over the year.  It was a huge hit for those who took the time to watch it.

My Daughter made and decorated the cake.  It's nice to have a professional baker in the family. 

Again, many thanks to all who turned out.  Even though no one left hungry, there was lots of leftovers for Bill (if he wants some) ;) 

I'm sure there were photos taken, but not by me.  I was too busy with handshakes and hugs.  I will post a few if I get any from people who were there

2 people like this