TheDoctor

Lights on when in drive

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm having problems with the interior lights of my car. It is a 1997 Grand am Pontiac. The lights on the inside of my car have been staying on while I drive and they stay in the whole time. When my car is off, the lights take from 30min to 1hr until it turns off. I'm not sure if this is related to the issue of the interior lights but I've also noticed that when I leave my headlights on and I can't open the door, I can slightly hear that the alarm starts, but quickly fades out. If anyone has any advice on what to do, or if they have any 'how to-' instructions to fix this, it would be a great help, thanks.

Don't think so, probably just stumbled in by mistake, then again that's usually how my days go. So where would I post this problem?

It has been many moons since I was last in a Pontiac but there are usually controls to turn on the interior lights.  Has this been turned on and left on.  If this is the case it may be past time to read your owner's manual and learn how your car works.

Edited by Huronlad
Added info.

I turn the interior lights on very rarely. There's only a few ways that the lights come on and that's with the knob on the left side of the steering wheel and the buttons on the lights themselves. I've currently taken the bulbs out in the front and I have the back lights taped so the button would be held down, since they only stay off when the button is being held.