Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Tuesday April 04th, 2017

12 posts in this topic

Ok, so we've recently been to a family-style restaurant, an upper-end Italian place, a roadhouse and a bistro.

How about a low priced, all-you-can-eat, 'open your mouth and cram it in' kinda place ??

The Wayside In Talbotville is such a place, at Hwys 4 & 3.  All joking aside, they offer quite a good buffet.

http://www.waysidedining.com/index.php

Turnout to the Tuesday outings has been dwindling over the last year, with folks signing up but not showing up.

Some folks still driving their diesels no longer come out.  New Smart owners are few and farther between.

I sense a deminishing level of interest in our get-togethers, and wonder if this ongoing event has run its course.

There's always been good food, good venues and good people.  What's disappearing is interest and participation.

Our group has been staging these organized outings for over 10 years, with great success.

So I'm going to give it one more shot.  Let's see if the turnout in April justifies continuation, or suggests possible change.

Maybe it's status quo??  Maybe bi-monthly outings??  Maybe quarterly??  Maybe just Tim Horton meetings??

In any event, I'm going to step back from an organizational role after April and encourage others to bring in new ideas.

I'll will still organize our annual show&shine for August 3rd or 10th at Steve Plunkett's, our only charity effort.

Personally, I'll try my best to take part in any and all activities the local group comes up with.

I hope the Smart Car spirit remains in place, and continues well into the future.

SIGN-UP

1) Bill

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

SIGN-UP

1) Bill

2) Ron & Dot

3) Larry & Gail

4) Liz & Glenn

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

SIGN-UP

1) Bill

2) Ron & Dot

3) Larry & Gail

4) Liz & Glenn

5) Ralph & Monica

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

SIGN-UP

1) Bill

2) Ron & Dot

3) Larry & Gail

4) Liz & Glenn

5) Ralph & Monica

6) ToFu

7) Dave & Lu

8)

9)

10)

Despite the drizzle and overcast sky, our members came out in force.  We had a nice turnout of 15 smiling faces.

Excellent food and as usual, great company.  Thanks Bill for picking this spot.  It's always a favourite.

Did anyone get sick? It's probably coincidental, but last night I didn't feel right and then vomited. Slept the day away and now have a fever. I feel achy but no pain - I'm diagnosing flu - anyone else?