Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

My smart for sale in the great US of A

106 posts in this topic

Well... only one hour later (no, I'm not going to turn this into an hour-by-hour update) the numbers have gone to:1188 viewers (up 237)52 watchers (up 2)15 bidders (up 5)$6,650 total bid (up $1,050)With 214 more hours to go, I'm on pace for:51,906 viewers480 watchers1085 bidders$231,350 total bid!!So I'll be rich AND won't lose my house!"I'm in the money...." - Steven

What are you talking about?

It's just that someone with the nick "nrg_svr", who lives in Canada, placed a $5000 bid on your car. There can't be THAT many people who might bid on a smart car and live in Canada and presently have NRG SVR as a license plate ;)

if you click on the bidder name the location shows in the top right corner somewhere....mainly country. it shows the chart of feedback then right of that it says member since and location.go_gonzo is from Canada...and he just bought a superman logo t-shirt...S

Get this... this was a comment I received today

Q: I must say that i am a little upset about what you are doin. I would recomend that you do not try to bring the car into the US. US customs has the VIN of the car in their database and you will get busted at the border. They know what you are trying to do. People like you ruin the American car industry. STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!!

- Steven

Goll-darn Commie Terrorist Car! That's what it is! Hmm... single handled ruining the American Car Industry - Kudos Steve - you have done what lack of innovation, poor design/management decisions and complacency in a world market couldn't :biglaugh: Out of curiosity - was is signed GWB :tremble: ? There could be a Predator UAV circling your house right now!If I were in the States I would buy it just to spite Bubba. Hey maybe my brother might fall in love with ours and have to have one - but that is not until April.Cheers,Cameron

Thanks for telling me how to see where they are from. That puts a sour ball in my can of rootbeer :( I'm rather dissapointed that only one bid out of the 22 are from the US. There's virtually no point for a Canadian to pay what I'm asking since they can get it brand new from a dealer for the same money (granted, without the extras but is it really worth the depreciation?).Still, we'll see. - Steveps. Although my disappointment is really only limited to the $100 this experiment is costing me... I wouldn't at all be upset if I had to keep this car I love. Which is why my reserve is pretty high... I don't really want to sell it unless it pays for a new one.

[*]A full 50 people have so far been inclined enough to add the page to their "watch item" list.

:whistling:

I'm sure a couple hundred of the 951 views are from people on this site... how many of the 50 watchers?

- Steven

:whistling:

:thumbup:

Get this... this was a comment I received today

Q: I must say that i am a little upset about what you are doin. I would recomend that you do not try to bring the car into the US. US customs has the VIN of the car in their database and you will get busted at the border. They know what you are trying to do. People like you ruin the American car industry. STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!!

- Steven

report him to Ebay

I think the American car industry has done a pretty good job of ruining themselves. The person who sent that message probably just lost their job at Ford or GM.

There have been a lot of layoffs lately, hasn't there? :( I didn't think of that. Poor guy. Now I wish I hadn't responded *quite* the way I did.

- Steven

Hey, can one of you do me a favor and log into your email, go to my listing, use the Ask a Question feature and ask me (word how you want), "Is this the car featured in the new Pink Panther movie?"

Please and thank you!

- Steven

Thanks Sean. Hopeing to get the crowd searching for "Pink Panther" lol Maybe some rich kid tells daddy she just HAS to have it.

- Steven

I don't think the text from questions and answers is included in eBay's search engine index.

I just searched for "Pink Panther" and your car didn't come up. You would have to edit the title or description of your ad to have it come up under a "pink panther" search.

I went ahead and asked if the car was also the one from the DaVinci Code as well for you. That might add a whole new area of search replies

It still doesn't show up with an eBay search for "pink panther car" (or an eBaymotors.com search for "pink panther"), so i think my hypothesis holds... Q&A text does not get indexed by their search engine.

I thought it would! I search for stuff sometimes and find that it brings up ebay listings with parts of the descriptions and when you click on them its a listing...

I dont know how I would have done that though....

S

... I never saw this thread til tonight.

My bids of $5000 and $15222 were serious. I'd buy the car at either of those prices. At $15322 however, I'm out of the running.