randyzimmer

Your dash "Guesstimator" readout at 100% and clearing history

6 posts in this topic

I'd be interested in knowing what others' dash "Guesstimator" readouts are at 100%

Mine has dropped to 60 miles or 100km after 1.5 years and 11K miles.

The dealer went for a run today and got over 60 miles of distance with 19 estimated left (that's fine).

I go like hell on my short trips, so if the Guesstimator is figuring I'll drive like that on a trip my estimate is screwed.

Is there a way to completely erase my history and start from scratch?

Just clearing the display with the stalk doesn't last long.

The "Guesstimator" is hugely influenced by the outside temperature.

As the temperature increases so too will the estimated range.

Yesterday it was estimated that I had 106 kms of range.

The other day I briefly saw 145 kms at full charge. After the car had moved about 100 ft the range had dropped to 120 kms. It has become a game. I know it's bull$hitting me, I want to see how big a lie I can get it to tell.

I guestimator is really influenced by your driving style.  If I drive it like I stole it (and I do) I can push my max range down into the 90's, despite the battery capacity being fine.

My usual range listed is 78 km in summer, 59 km in winter.   And YES, I drive my Smart ED "binary" (full on, full brakes) go-cart style. 

DO NOT FIXATE on the range estimate.

I have driven >>100 km when the dial said 75 km, I just needed to drive "nicer",

You can reset the range estimate via the dash buttons, the procedure is documented in the manual (good luck finding that).

Whenever I have remembered the procedure and done it, the range pretty much goes up 1.5x more than it reported just before.   l-)