BeSmart

2006 cdi P01482

7 posts in this topic

2006 CDI with check engine light and glow plug light on,

P01482 wondering if anyone has had this problem

thanks Rick

so you think I need a Controller, I checked to see if I was getting power to the glow plugs when I turned the key on and there was no power

I also checked for continuity from the controller to glow plugs and it was good, getting power to the controller

Tried looking for a used controller but no luck so for, The dealer wants 450.00 for a new one

I can look for a good second hand glow plug controller over here if you are prepared to wait a week or two.  Doubt they cost much more than the postage.

First thing to do is check wiring and confirm ok so no risk of burning out new controller. 

Then perhaps ask here if someone here has a controller you can borrow or buy. 

I did that twice and got both a complete clutch and glow plug controller for free. Had to pay postage for the clutch but donor of glow plug controller paid postage himself. 

Thanks for the reply's

what other wiring should I be looking at?

Thanks Rick

Posted (edited) · Report post

Recently had issues with our school's smart and had this code - along with glow plug light constantly on, and engine light. MBSTAR indicated that it had something to do with the high pressure fuel system rather than the glow plug system - instructions were to check fuse 10 at the SAM. Wasn't able to find anything wrong with the wiring/fuse visually and since it didn't seem to affect the performance of the car, I decided to wait until I had more time to trace wires.

Yesterday morning, somebody from the school put gas in the tank and ran it until the car died, and was tow to my garage. After using MBSTAR to activate the in-tank pump to drain all the gas, I cleared all the engine code, reconnected the fuel supply line, and activate the pump at least 10 times to cycle as much gas out of the system as possible. The engine started after a few crank, and the surprising thing was that the P1482 code was gone! I'm still not sure exactly what happened. But it worked! (PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS WITH YOUR CAR THOUGH). If I had to guess, maybe the high pressure fuel sensor was clogged/dirty/corroded and the gasoline somehow freed it?

I do have a spare glow plug module, if you would like to try tolsen's suggestion. I swapped, and it didn't work, unless both my glow plug modules were broken? (pm me if you still want it)

Izzy

Edited by stickman007