Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordon

Exhaust system woes and other trials

2 posts in this topic

I still love my car after seven years, but I am done with Benz service.

Last December, a little cable snapped as I was rolling down my window. The piece popped right out of the window and landed in my lap. Seemed like an easy fix, and they tell me they have to replace the motor which drives the window. The motor still works. I wait weeks with my window taped up in the dead of winter just to get an appointment. I then wait for the part from Europe. I give them hundreds of dollars.

Early spring, I get a funny feeling when I use the brake pedal. They tell me it's a two week wait for service. I tell them I'm not driving around for a couple weeks unsure if my brakes are safe and say they're going to have to look at it. They determine the matter is serious and make the repairs. I shell out hundreds of dollars.

Now, the car is starting to sound like a Formula One. Exhaust system, no doubt. I ask for an appointment -- they tell me two weeks. 

I'm going to Speedy.

Done with Benz.

You might try Service Options to find something less expensive and better service in your area.  The muffler is going to be expensive, no matter where you go, but other servicing can be found without relying on MB and without the unreasonably long wait times.

Good luck :).