sparkytilbury

Intermittent p2177 lean mixture under acceleration

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a 2008 gas 451 with 134k on the clock. Get an intermittent misfire under moderate or heavy acceleration up hills so I have to drive on light throttle at low speed to get it home. Usually no engine light comes on, but once or twice the 2177 code came on (read with a code reader). I've changed plugs and use 91 shell gas. I read that there's maybe a list of possible faults ( fuel pump/ injectors/ coils/ to name a few).

im thinking of replacing one item at a time starting with the inexpensive ones like the map. 

Id love some guidance or has anyone had similar problems? Thanks! Mark.

Oh I forgot to mention, if I have the misfire, if I turn off for 3 minutes, then the start, it usually runs fine again at all throttle loads. Strange.

Finally bought the fuel pump from MB Calgary. It wasn't too difficult to change. took longer to drain the tank than change the pump! tricky to connect the line that is within the tank to the pump through the hole in the top of the tank. ended up using some thin wire to hold up the tube while lowering in the pump. 1000kms since and no loss of power etc. happy!!