Jocko

No Boost - No leaks, No codes

31 posts in this topic

No control of documentation and change. Possible costly permanent damage to engine control unit. 

15 hours ago, tolsen said:

No control of documentation and change. Possible costly permanent damage to engine control unit. 

That's why I would rather clean the EGR and rotate it around to avoid damaging the ECU.

I wonder if MB designed it that way to easily disable the functionality of the EGR by simply rotating the valve?

EGR valve is a Pierburg design. You already should know, dealer mechanics only replace components hoping for the best. Our type of EGR valve can normally block EGR gas regardless of car manufacturer simply by turning the insert a certain angle so nothing to do with Mercedes.

15 hours ago, tolsen said:

EGR valve is a Pierburg design. You already should know, dealer mechanics only replace components hoping for the best. Our type of EGR valve can normally block EGR gas regardless of car manufacturer simply by turning the insert a certain angle so nothing to do with Mercedes.

Well this is my second year of owning diesel vehicles. So what ever I have learned has been basically trial and error and reading from the forums. Thanks for the update on who's design this is from.

So its Good News - Bad News

Good News is - no damage to the car. I wired the Emulator properly and have no codes. The car starts and runs fine.

Bad News is- The car runs the same as before in Limp Home Mode. So I think it's safe to rule out the EGR.

Next is to do another boost test to see if I have a leak somewhere. Maybe a weak hose with a pin hole or cut in it somewhere. I had done a quick check once before and didn't find anything. I'll do a more thorough inspection this time and while I'm at it I may spin the valve like recommended or delete the EGR all together.

I'll keep you posted.