Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

smart car sightings

17 posts in this topic

SW Alberta.

On Fri 25th at approx 1515 h going out of Medicine Hat on #3 was passed by a Ruby Red cabrio with a license that started with a B.  Anyone here?

an hr later on #5 leaving Lethbridge a smart was going the other way,  a red coupe with white rear panels - pretty distinct.

Saw the most smarts  - 2 - in SW alberta in the midst of all those big pickups!!

1 person likes this

I saw two Smarts, both white (one with black stripe and the other with silver) the same day I bought mine (which is blue). That's the most Smart sightings I've had yet in one day. They were coming out in force to salute a new member of the family. B) 

Spotted this one in a dealers parking lot. Very low mileage for the yearPlease note: I am NOT the vendor!!

The colour is a dark brown and appears to be in great shape ........ if interested, PM me for details on where to find it.

Silver tridion, gas model. 

IMHO opinion, the price is a tad high, but then, I'm not in the market for one.

Smart 4 sale 02.jpg

Smart 4 sale 01.jpg

Looks like it’s got some kind of fancy leather interior. Likely a one-off, not from the factory. Mercedes would never use that font on the “high style” pill badge. 

Thanks for the link Darren.  Very interesting reading.

Here's a couple of photos from that site.Smart Highstyle 03.jpgSmart Highstyle 04.jpg

Photo #2 is pretty much identical to the one I have found.

Waved at a black 450 heading north on Hwy 4 into Blyth shortly after 1 pm this afternoon.

1 person likes this

I live in Pefferlaw Ontario and there has to be over half a dozen within a 20 km range.....one reason I went searchng for one...lol
I have spoken to 3 owners in our area about Smart Cars before purchasing mine. They all said stay with the diesel...lol.

In time I'm going to find a way to get us all together for a meet and greet to see if there is any interest in a club or something.....once you start noticing us there are many around.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Willys said:

In time I'm going to find a way to get us all together for a meet and greet to see if there is any interest in a club or something.....once you start noticing us there are many around.

We had 21 attend our monthly "Smart Dinner" here in London last Tuesday. It was great to have some new members attend. Maybe make a road trip with your "Clan" down this way in the summer.

1 hour ago, Huronlad said:

Waved at a black 450 heading north on Hwy 4 into Blyth shortly after 1 pm this afternoon.

I keep seeing a 450 with Black frame and red panels and snows on black rims. I've seen it here in London 4-5 times this winter. Exactly a match to "Sally's" Current colours. Eerie to keep seeing. Good thing it's almost time to switch back to a set of my other panel and rim combinations. 

As soon as I find a way to get in touch with the local owners and hopefully get a gathering in place I'm all for a drive south, possibly just myself, but it's a 3 hour drive if we take it easy...lol  Cross country add almost 2 hours to that time....rediculous I know, but you never know, maybe one day.  I'll also need to visit Glenn sometime during the warmer months I'm sure....if nothing more than bend his ear...lol.

Willys

Keep me in mind if you are doing a get together.  I’m about 15 minutes the other side of Newmarket from you. 

Nigel

1 person likes this

Nigel I used to live at king road and bathurst....

Will do....do you know of any other owners that would be interested you think up here in the almost far north...lol

I hardly ever see any other smart cars around here.

I never did either until I was serious about getting one, now they are coming out of the woodwork....!!! lol.  Like I said I bet there are over half a dozen within a 20km range from me.

Crossed paths with a white 451 Friday evening just south of Sebringville.  I have to find a different location for my new dash cam but it does take very good video.

vlcsnap-00001.jpg